eighty-nine

October 11th, 1978
Wednesday

James slugged off Snapes shoulder and he groaned as he dropped onto a bed,
"my fucking back."
"Oh don't be such a baby." Snape sneered and James glared up at him,
"What hope Dumbledore sees in you I don't know. You're awful."
"You're welcome for saving you."

"All they do it fucking argue." Sirius grumbled as Remus dressed the wound on the back of his head.
"I can hear."

The house had been by a river in a secluded countryside.

Remus and Sirius had been in a single room in a small house that had probably once been home to roomates. It looked like a shared house.

"Maybe I should have just left you there then you ungrateful swine!"
"Id be happier there, I wouldn't have to. sit in your greasy ass presence!"

"Gentleman, may I ask you all calm down?"

Remus looked up from Sirius' head and he paused his movement at the sight of Dumbledore, then tensed when Moody entered behind him.

He grit his teeth to stop a snarl.

"What do you want?" Sirius snapped and while Moody shot him a dirty look, Dumbledore remained calm. How was this man always calm?

"We just came to speak to you all- majorly to speak to the two subjects of Potters finest disappearing act." Dumbledore informed and James laughed appreciatively, "Before I get into the serious I must make sure that you are all alright?"

"What does it look like mate?" Sirius snapped and Remus' attention zipped to the back of his head and he dabbed at it with the cloth again.
"Don't be so hostile Sirius." Remus told the boy infront of him who, though Remus couldn't see his face, probably rolled his eyes.

"I'll be fine." James spoke up,
"Oh he's been hurt so terribly sir." Snape sapped, "I think maybe he broke his spine."

Snape referenced James on their way here and James gave him a nasty look and Dumbledore chuckled.

"Hey look, can we just tell the kids the news? I've got meetings to run and information to tell." Moody requested and Dumbledore nodded,
"Very well. Severus I'll have you attend the meetings with Alastor as your presence here will be unwelcomed and be is the best to rely on explaining stuff."

Was he? Remus thought. No way Dumbledore meant that.

"Aa for you both-" Dumbledore looked at Sirius ans Remus, "Upon your friends request, we sent Pettigrew to the ministry to attend a meeting with oir Minister od Magic regarding your sentence of one Dementors kiss and after one very long meeting, Minchum had decided to clear all charges on the Remus Greyback name on the condition you meet with privately so he can judge for himself that all the information he's been given is true. "
" Why doesn't he just use Veritaserum?" Remus asked,
" It's the last option as Veritaserum can be rather condemning and maybe have faults at times if a question is not  specific." Dumbledore explained and Remus nodded,
" When am I meeting with him?" Remus asked and Dumbledore smiled,
"The Minister is very busy with department problems but hes quilled you in for February."

"February?" Sirius blanched infront of him and Dumbledore nodded, "That's so far away- so Remus is still in danger?"
"No, he's going to send out word to all higher ups who know you're identity that they are to leave you be if they run into you, unless you are committing a crime against your probation."

Probation?

"Is it conditional?" Remus asked and Dumbledore nodded,
"I'll give you details later in the day, I'll let you rest for the time being."
"Where will you be later?"
"I'll find you."