fourty

December 26th, 1976
Sunday

Christmas was just another day with the Greybacks, it come and went without Remus noticing. On the usual year anyway but this year he'd counted and waited excitedly for it to pass.

Boxing day meant New Generation meeting and New Generation meeting meant seeing his friends. It hadn't even been a week and he missed them. He missed Evan.

"Ready Runt?" Fenrir called up the stairs and Remus pulled on a neat jumper before walking down the stairs with a stiff posture. Remus had done worst then usual this year when it came up keeping up with Fenrirs standards and this year Fenrir seemed to favour the belt as a punishment. He was still healing from the night before but he couldn't even bare to imagine the state his back was in.

His shoulder had healed fine, Remus was correct about the ugly scar but it wasn't like there wasn't worse marks on his body.

"Ready." His voice was dry and dead. He felt like that for the majority. He was excited for today, to see everyone again, but he couldn't bring himself to get excited about it physically. It would hurt too much.

"Good," Fenrir shoved Remus out of the door and they begun the short walk to another of the portkeys they owned that would take them to the hall, "Make sure you act your best in there, our Dark Lord will be attending today."

Remus looked up in surprise but it made sense. Lord Voldemort had mentioned a new member but he didn't know that he would be the one to bring him in. He assumed it would be like it was with Jack and that the person would just show up.
"Understood." He fixed his hair.

"I won't be going through with you." Fenrir told him and Remus watched his hand slide over his belt and he looked back up to meet his eyes, "Don't dissapoint me."

Remus placed his hand on the portkey snd he stumbled as he landed in the ever familiar hallway. He stretched slightly to relieve some of the pain in his back before he turned and smiled at the sight of Barty Crouch Jr.

"Your late." The brunette spoke. He was scared and he had every right to be.
"I'm allowed to be late." Remus told him and Barty bumped Remus' shoulder with his own.
"So you're not dead." Barty commented and Remus took a deep breath of his own as he pushed the door open.
"Good observation."

The room fell silent as the door swung open and everyone turned to face him.

Remus didn't look at any of the others as The Dark Lord stood on that same area of raised ground he himself had stood on as the highest authority in the room. Now he was only the second best.

"Remus." He heard a voice hiss from his side as he walked in. He knew it was Evan but he didn't pay the blonde any mind as he looked back at Crouch, who although obviously a little scared looked entranced at the sight of the Dark Lord and the weight of Dark Magic in the room.

Remus watched his knees shake, he was struggling.

"Go stand beside Rosier." Remus ordered him and Barty looked surprised for a moment before he nodded and moved to stand beside Evan. Remus faced back forward, squaring his shoulders as prepared to move forward.

"Remus Greyback." The Dark Lord greeted as Remus stopped in the exact spot he did last time.
"My Lord." Remus responded with a respective bow of the head. The man smiled.

"I see you're well." He conversed as he stepped down off the raised platform, Remus' legs shook. This was so much more difficult when you were in constant agony.
"Yes My Lord." Remus answered. It felt like a repetition of Summer. The werewolf kept his eyes trained forward as the man circled him, robes billowing behind him.