seventy

April 8th, 1977
Friday

They didn't quite look at him the same. The seemed apologetic, apprehensive pitiful. He didn't like it. So he tried to show that he didn't care, that he was okay.

Harlows magic abilities were inadequate so his side wasn't healed properly and he knew he should have asked one of the others to fix it for him but that didn't feel like the right thing. He needed to show he was strong.

He always needed to show he was okay around them. Strong and able to do what this mission required of him. It was exhausting.

He wished he was with Sirius.

He didn't have to pretend he was able then. Not when Sirius didn't even know the lengths of his responsibility in Lord Voldemorts ranks.

Sirius wouldn't ask either. Sirius would just hold him in a comfortable silence.
It's all Remus wanted. Craved.

"He'll be here?" He asked Regulus who was stood beside him as stiff as a board.
"Yeah and so will my parents." Regulus informed but Remus already knew that.
"Well we are in your house-"
"Shut up."

Remus did.

Riddle had called for a meeting at the Blacks household for everyone who had an important part to play in the play today. In that list was:

Remus.

Fenrir for his links to Remus.

Evan.

Regulus.

Jack.

Barty.

Some kid Remus didn't know though he looked familiar.

Crabbe.

Snape.

Orion Black.

Walburga Black.

Bellatrix Black.

Lucius Malfoy.

and Abraxas Malfoy.

Remus eyed Abraxas. He and his son looked so alike. Long silver hair and thin pointed faces. If Lucius didn't have such a young complexion as well as tower over his father it'd be near impossible to tell them apart.

"Greyback." Abraxas nodded at Fenrir who stood over Remus' shoulder like a shadow.

Remus had to behave today. No outbursts, no speaking out of turn and no denying anything the Dark Lord said to him. And Fenrir was here to make sure Remus behaved. He would be on constant watch on Remus' emotions, on his heart beat for him to snap at this meeting.

"Abraxas." Fenrir practically spat although he held a peaceful gaze with Malfoy Sr.

Malfoy Sr's eyes fell to Remus who was taller but thinner. Remus held his eye and reached out a hand,
"Remus."
"Abraxas." He took his hand and shook it. "You can all come in." Abraxas said and Remus was the first one through the door, his red robes making him stand out exponentially against the dingy colours of the Black household. If it weren't for the obvious money the Black family had it'd rival the depressing atmosphere of his own home.

Riddle waved a hand at the empty seat at to his left and Remus walked with meaning towards the chair and sat himself down in it.

"How lovely to see you Remus." He greeted as Fenrir came to a stop beside the boy, a hand twitching to reach out but not moving, he then looked at the others, "And the rest of my wonderful Angelis Mortis." He looked back at Remus, "I trust you are all ready for this evening?"