92. No Bouncing *

Curtis sulked all the way to his den, regretting his clan type again. It wasn't something he had any control over, but he wished he didn't have to shut down for the cold months.

Before he went down for the season, he tried one more time to give his shed to Grace. He adjusted the size once again, painstakingly moving his stitching and redoing it. He should have another shed in the coming year and can make more pieces, but... he was getting ahead of himself.

Female cubs make their mother's large, so he made the dress looser around the stomach. Maybe this would please her?

Curtis's eyes drooped as he slowly slithered into the castle. Once he warmed up enough, he sought out Grace. He clutched his piece close to his chest. Surely she would accept it now?

Curtis had a lot of confidence in every area except wooing a female. His looks and coloring were his strongest assets, but they weren't effective enough when it came to Grace.

While he felt that his relationship with Grace had changed, he couldn't help but question and doubt. Would she ask for more time? He promised he'd give that to her, but he hadn't realized how hard it would be. If his looks and offerings were not enough, what did he need to do?

Curtis passed the two guards, ignoring them in favor of staring at the door. Grace was inside, he knew that for certain. When the door opened to reveal the darned scorpion, Curtis felt a little more lively. It wasn't a pleasant type of lively, however.

"What?" Mitchell asked as if it wasn't obvious as to why Curtis was standing at the door.

"Curtis?" I asked. Mitchell was only like this to one person, so it wasn't too hard to guess who was at the door.

Mitchell clicked his tongue, debating if he should keep standing in the way for a while longer. He didn't want to yield, but Grace would make him anyway. With a sour taste in his mouth, he stepped out of the way and moved quickly to Grace's side. At the very least, Curtis wasn't going to be closer to her than he was.

Curtis dismissed the annoying scorpion in favor of presenting his gift. Relief flooded him when Grace did not immediately reject the piece of clothing. This time for sure...

I did not hesitate. I took the red, snake-skin clothing and held it up to get a good look at it. It had a halter style top that tied around the neck and a deep-v that would expose a fair amount of cleavage.

The waist had an adjustable belt that would be appreciated later on in my pregnancy. The length of the dress would fall past my knees and had slits on both sides up to the upper thighs. I would need to get a comfy pair of undershorts to wear with it so I wouldn't flash the world doing simple tasks.

I enjoyed the feel of the texture, finding it cool to the touch. It would be the perfect outfit for summer.

"Thank you, Curtis. This is beautiful," I said sincerely.

Mitchell pouted while Curtis brightened up considerably. Curtis's smile was not any easier to take now as it used to be. Maybe it was harder.

I calmed my heart and patted the spot on the other side of me. Curtis wasted no time filling it before pulling me onto his lap. I swallowed my surprise and accidentally kneed Mitchell in the process.

Curtis's cold body pressed against my back, making me shiver despite the layer of clothes I was wearing.

Curtis relished the contact and refused to budge. He finally did it. He had Grace's trust. At least, that was how he saw it.

I cleared my throat and ignored the new sensation that the intimate proximity brought. With a red face, I babbled a bit. "You can stay in the room now if you want or come when you wake up in the light-rainy season." I received no immediate reply and plowed on. "I know you know the rules already, so..."