Author Note and Update

Hello, readers.  If you have seen my announcements, you know what's going on.  For those that haven't, I had a close family member who was checking in and out of the hospital a little too frequently.  She is doing much better than before and is healing.   

Rough times meant this story got tossed to the wayside, but now that things have calmed down, I'm back to it.  But things aren't perfect so I thought I'd give a fair warning here, along with a few funny tidbits related to the story's conception.  Talking (typing) about it helps me organize my thoughts as well as gauge your feelings, you see. 

Grace's story was something I jumped into with a hazy idea of what I wanted, fueled by a need to recycle some less-than-pleasant emotions into something more positive.  I originally meant this story to be easy, light-hearted, and simple.  I chuckle a little when I think about how it turned out nothing like that. 

Another funny thing... Grace was supposed to be a Mary Sue who didn't need much character growth if any.  Despite that being my goal, I couldn't write such an unnatural character in the end.  While technically a failure, it makes me smile at just how awry things went.  

Speaking of awry...I originally meant Curtis to be a part of the harem, but when he arrived, I almost wrote him out.  In hindsight, he would have been the perfect villain.  Opportunity missed.  Lesson learned.  

His arc also took way longer than expected which is why I missed the timing and pacing to introduce the potential suitor I had in mind.  I kind of messed up.  Oops and sorry. 

Cooper was not it. He was random and unplanned, but he came about naturally so I let his inclusion slide. 

So plans...

I don't have an upload schedule as of yet.  But I have been typing.  On chapter 108 now.  Was hoping to finish the rough draft before posting, but I might start posting the edited chapters before that.  I'm uncommitted to the order of things at this time and will take your opinions on the matter.  Wait for consistency or post what I have edited? Up to y'all.

The story is almost done.  I'm just tying up some loose ends while trying not to introduce new ones.  Beware, however, that there may be some inconsistencies, repetition, and forgotten bits, but I hope I managed to keep those to a minimum. 

A warning:

Because of my mental state at the time, I ended up writing however I could. You'll see a shift into third-person narration style here and there starting around chapter 99.  (I had actually written 97 and 98 before things happened, they were just unedited. So they are normal). It might be jarring, especially since I was able to slip into first-person sometimes.  I do understand if it's off-putting, but I will not be rewriting it. 

And:

This story is one that could go on for a long time, so the ending may feel sudden or rushed.  There will also be a good deal of time skipping to move things along.  Still, I hope you get some entertainment value out of it.

As always, happy reading.  And thank you for all the votes and comments. I see them, even if I don't respond to all of them. 

Have a wonderful day/night, and happy New Year!