Chapter 102 - Near

[Warning, Warning!]

[Honkai Beasts detected—proceed with evacuation]

[This is not a drill, repeat, this is not a drill]

The city plunged into chaos as the emergency alarms blared, echoing through the streets. Fear gripped everyone as they scrambled to safety. Children stopped playing, mothers abandoned their favorite shows, and fathers left their workstations in a frantic rush toward the evacuation zones.

The night sky, once serene with the soft glow of the moon, now roiled with the presence of Honkai Beasts. Their monstrous forms cast ominous shadows, a stark reminder of the fragile existence humanity clung to. The usual calm was replaced with terror and desperation, the air thick with the sounds of hurried footsteps and panicked cries.

People pushed and shoved, the urgency of survival overriding any semblance of order. The Honkai Beasts, relentless and terrifying, prowled the city, their roars mingling with the alarm's piercing wail. Buildings shook, windows shattered, and the ground trembled under the weight of the beasts' assault.

In the midst of the chaos, families clung to each other, trying to stay together as they fled. The evacuation spots, designated as temporary safe havens, became beacons of hope in a city under siege. Emergency responders guided the crowds, their voices strained but determined, urging everyone to move quickly and stay calm.

The stark contrast between the terror of the night and the usual tranquility highlighted the precarious balance the world teetered on. The Honkai Beasts' invasion was not just an attack on the city, but a harsh reminder of the ever-present threat that loomed over humanity.

As people reached the evacuation spots, a semblance of order began to emerge amidst the chaos. The fear in their eyes was palpable, but so was their resolve. They had faced this threat before, and they would face it again.

Amidst the frantic evacuation, a building was attacked by a Honkai Beast, causing it to shatter. Half of it began to plummet towards the fleeing people below. In that harrowing moment, they clung to one another, seemingly resigned to their fate.

But before the debris could crash down, a dark reddish energy cleaved through it, reducing it to nothingness. The crowd went silent, turning their heads towards the source. Standing there, donning a blue jacket, was Hoshino Wan.

He exhaled softly, gesturing for the crowd to resume their evacuation. Slowly, they complied, but their movement halted once again as multiple Honkai Beasts appeared, blocking their path.

Wan leaped forward, placing himself between the beasts and the people. With both hands outstretched, he stood ready to fight.

"Get out of here," Wan commanded harshly, his voice tinged with desperation as he glanced back at the crowd.

Paralyzed by fear, they hesitated, not moving an inch.

Frustrated, Wan raised his voice, "If you don't move in the next second, you're all dead! Move!"

His urgency jolted them into action, and they finally began to flee, their footsteps echoing in the chaos.

Seeing the crowd finally move, a sense of satisfaction washed over Wan. Turning back to the Honkai Beasts, he raised his hands in a combat stance, not even bothering to summon Celestial Harmony. His eyes narrowed, scanning each beast with sharp precision.

One of the Honkai Beasts charged at him. With a swift, fluid motion, Wan grabbed it, using its momentum to hurl it back into the others.

They came at him in waves, but Wan was undeterred. He moved with grace and precision, every motion calculated. Another one lunged, claws extended. Wan sidestepped and delivered a powerful elbow to its side, sending it crashing to the ground.