Chapter 20

Elves are born close to nature and yearn for freedom. Entering the Star Beast Forest, An Qiao is like a fish entering the sea.

Originally, I wanted to go to the S-level assessment area first and hunt down the S-level star beasts to obtain the star core. After all, the higher the level of the star beast, the more energy the star core has.

However, An Qiao had just looked at the map display on the computer and walked toward the S-level assessment area for a while when he heard a scream.

The voice sounded slightly familiar.

It seems...is Song Leran's voice?

An Qiao walked quickly over there for a few steps. Still some distance away, he saw a devil's vine throwing out a vine and attacking Song Leran like crazy.

Seeing that the situation was not good, An Qiao immediately pointed his finger, and a ray of mental power turned into an invisible sword, crushing directly towards the heart of the tree where the power of the devil vine was.

The devil's vine was crushed by this spiritual power, and the vines seemed to be frozen in place, frozen in mid-air, unable to move.

——This is when An Qiao restrained her mental strength.

The devil's vine stopped attacking, and Song Leran, who didn't see An Qiao, took advantage of this opportunity and ran away quickly.

An Qiao didn't care. He didn't want to meet Song Leran. Once it was bad, it will be exposed now. Secondly, the most important thing is that he has his own things to do.

After using some mental energy, his face looked paler than before, and his brows and eyes were bleak and tired.

——The injuries on his body had already healed somewhat, but once the Demon King's Curse in his body broke out, his physical condition worsened again.

Slowly came to the devil's ivy.

An Qiao raised his eyes and looked at the devil's vine with a slight displeasure.

This is an S-level devil's ivy.

I don’t know how those who were preparing for the assessment got to the spot in advance, but there was actually an S-level devil’s vine hidden in this C-level assessment area!

However, it seems normal when you think about it.

There seems to be no record of devil's ivy in this world. The devil's vine is also very good at hiding and camouflaging. When it doesn't actively reveal its power, it is like an ordinary tree vine, which is difficult for others to see through.

Devil's ivy is called "devil's ivy" because its sap is as poisonous as the devil. However, his personality is not actually "devil". Instead, he is very harmless. He can sleep motionless for ten or eight years and has absolutely no worldly desires.

——Of course, the premise is that no one touches its leaves.

Devil's ivy has a black trunk-like trunk and black vines like weeping willow branches. Because the sap contained in the plant is highly toxic, it is difficult to grow leaves. The leaves on the vines are sparse, dull, and easy to fall off. Therefore, the devil's vine treasures every leaf.

If a leaf falls off, for devil's ivy, it may be like losing a handful of hair on a person who is almost bald.

An Qiao looked at the ground and saw a green and yellow leaf on the ground.

Maybe Song Leran accidentally dropped the leaf of the Devil's Vine when he passed by, or maybe the leaf happened to fall off when Song Leran passed by, so he was angered by the Devil's Vine?