Chapter 8: The villain is the scheming boss (8)

"What if I refuse to complete the order?" This was the first question Gu Xiyu considered after listening.

The automatic answer jumped out again.

"If the host refuses to complete the system's instructions or tasks, it will be treated as a rebel, and a certain degree of punishment will be given."

"..."

This task is completely different from what he thought.

Gu Xiyu has a headache.

He felt that he was still more suitable for a straightforward task that only needed to lift a knife to hack the enemy to death.

He turned his head and glanced at Ji Chen, who was beside him, but saw that he was staring at the front with one hand against his chin, as if he was slightly surprised because of something.

"This is the old man's decision. No matter how much you talk about it, you can't change this fact. Lawyer, please keep talking." Lin Fangru's voice was not very loud but very powerful as the mistress of the house interrupted everyone's discussion.

In fact, apart from not believing in Ji Zixuan's ability, the opposing side branch was also deliberately unhappy because of psychological imbalance. Now that the goal had been achieved, Lin Fangru had the attitude that they would get angry if they continued speaking, and they temporarily quieted down.

Gu Xiyu heard the names of Ji Yan's other children and grandchildren from his will, including the mansion that was left to Lin Fangru.

Until the very end, it was Ji Chen.

The five million yuan and the small courtyard separated from the main house are Ji Chen's only inheritance. And this is because Ji Chen can only get it after getting married. If he is still single, it is estimated that he will not get a penny.

Even Ji Yan's little granddaughter, who is only a few years old, can get several hundred million yuan and a piece of land as a dowry after she turns 21. It is likely that it will increase in value in the later period.

The amount of five million is indeed not small, but for a large family like Ji's family with a wealth of tens of billions, it is nothing but a cow. In particular, Ji Chen is still Ji Yan's own son. His eccentricity is so blatant, which is indeed excessive.

But this is someone else's family affair, and Gu Xiyu is not qualified to give advice from anyone's perspective.

Ji Chen was very calm, even if he received strange glances from other people, he even started to send messages with his mobile phone, which is probably a work matter.

But Gu Xiyu was standing next to him. Perhaps others could not see it, but he could somewhat detect the darkness in Ji Chen's eyes.

It's more like being frustrated and on the verge of breaking out than being sad.

Gu Xiyu suddenly asked, "Ji Chen, are you short of money?"

Ji Chen stopped tapping his finger on the phone screen, and asked, "What gives you the illusion?"

"Since there is no shortage, there is no need to care about the charity part of others."

When Gu Xiyu said this, his eyes were still on the noisy Ji family, and even the tone of voice was particularly light.

This is the first time Ji Chen has noticed that no matter when Gu Xiyu's emotions are not so high, his mood is not so happy, there is always a touch of gentleness in his eyes.

It is not gentle to an individual, but more like... his attitude towards his own life and the world.

"Money earned by my own hands is more fulfilling, isn't it?" At the moment when his gaze suddenly met, Ji Chen subconsciously looked into Gu Xiyu's lighter eyes, and suddenly something indescribable flashed in his heart. Familiar so that he accidentally sent out the unedited message with a shake of his hand.