Chapter 23

It should be a problem with the material. The paper itself is a bit thick, and it can be seen from some creases that it has not been compacted.

Strictly speaking, this is not a perfectly folded paper crane.

It even looks a bit dull because of the uneven creases.

But the person in charge of the maintenance department would never dare to say that the paper crane on the boss's desk looked a little dull.

He was a little unsure of the emotion in his boss's tone.

I'd say I'm happy, but it's not exactly like being happy.

In just a short moment, countless emotions flashed through his mind, and then he settled on a name that he couldn't quite believe.

Marshal just... was he showing off?

But before the confused person in charge could fully react, the young marshal had already expressionlessly pushed the paper crane at hand to a position where he couldn't see it, and then looked at him with his dark eyes, and his tone resumed Lost his usual indifference.

"Is there anything else to report?"

The person in charge: "...No more."

The marshal hummed and said coldly: "Next."

Yu Bai in the study room was completely unaware of his little paper crane. It also caused such an episode at the regular meeting of the military department.

He was listening to the robot tell a story, knowing that Hoss was going to teach him a lesson.

"A long time ago..."

Hoss was very patient and spoke very slowly. He stretched out a finger and pointed at the word each time he read out the storybook, so that the little mermaid could remember the pronunciation.

"...In a distant place, there is an endless sea."

Yu Bai could only understand a few words sporadically, but because there were pictures in the storybook, this did not prevent him from understanding what Huos was reading. .

Ah, the ocean.

his home.

The little mermaid thought and pursed her lips slightly.

I kind of miss the feeling of blowing bubbles in the water.

"...In the depths of the sea, there is a kingdom..."

Huh? Is there a big house in the sea?

Yu Bai's attention was immediately attracted.

Huos gently turned the page and continued: "The King of the Sea has six beautiful daughters..."

Yu Bai:! ! !

He stopped Hoss's hand that was about to continue turning the page, and took a closer look at the colorful tails of the mermaids in the accompanying picture.

...The big liar didn't seem to have completely lied to him.

Humans do seem to know about the existence of mermaids.

Huos didn't know that Yu Bai regarded the fairy tale book as reality. When the other party stopped him, he asked, "Is there something I didn't understand?" Yu Bai stared at the fish tail on the illustration for a few seconds, and then

pointed. Refers to the mermaid with the crown.

who is he?

Hoss pointed to the two words above the illustration: "This is the king."