Chapter 56

In men's impressions , although the little mermaid is sometimes naive, overall she is still very vigilant.

He is smart and has a particularly keen sense of human emotions.

The man in the photo doesn't look like anything special...

did something happen? That's why Yu Bai believed him.

When he heard Fu Linyuan ask this question, Yu Bai hesitated for a moment and his eyes dodge unconsciously.

He couldn't tell what the specific emotion was.

That's right - why did you just leave with him then?

Obviously he had vaguely noticed something was wrong, but because he was holding the scales, he still believed him.

It's a bit like being embarrassed, but also a bit like feeling embarrassed.

And a little bit angry.

But because it was Fu Linyuan who asked this question, Yu Bai had no intention of hiding it.

After organizing his words, he poked the rice in the bowl: "Because he took something I gave to... my friend." "

A long time ago," Yu Bai said softly, "He fell into the sea, and I rescued him. Come up."

At this point, her long eyelashes drooped, covering the emotion in her blue eyes.

"I thought..." the little mermaid gently crushed the rice grains in the bowl with a spoon, "...I thought he was my friend."

As he spoke, the pair of ear fins also drooped.

Sensing the other party's hard-to-conceal low mood, Fu Linyuan couldn't help but frown.

"...If it makes you sad," the deep voice was filled with some indescribable emotion, "you don't have to tell me now."

Yu Bai hesitated, then raised his head and rolled his eyes towards Fu Linyuan: " I'm not sad anymore."

After sniffing, the little mermaid continued: "I'm just a little angry now, and I want to catch him and beat him up."

After a few seconds of silence, he lowered his head again and reluctantly admitted: "Okay, I'm not a little angry, but very angry."

Looking at the silver little head, Fu Linyuan was silent for a moment and asked, "What did he take?"

"...scales." The little mermaid's eyes reappeared. That scale looks like "it's the most beautiful scale."

Just like human children change their teeth, mermaid children also change their scales when they reach a certain age.

But at that time, he should be older than the child who lost his teeth.

Yu Bai still remembered that when he woke up that day, he found that most of the scales near the tail fin were loose. He moved his tail slightly, and a few small, unstable scales slowly fell into the water, exposing the bottom, which was almost close to the surface. Pure white new scales.

The big liar had been living on the shore for several months by then, right?

After discovering that she had lost her scales, the little mermaid was actually a little embarrassed to appear in front of her again.

He used to like his tail very much. The silver scales would sparkle like diamonds in the sun, which was very beautiful.

But during the molting period, the newly grown scales are lighter in color and not as good-looking as before.

Even if his strength has not fully recovered, a slight color difference can still be vaguely seen.

The indescribable shame kept him from going ashore or rising to the surface for two days.