Chapter 1

Tonight, the sky of Tar Star is extremely gloomy.

Thick dark clouds covered the stars tightly, and the wind brought a bit of coolness, blowing through the abandoned buildings and into the muddy alleys.

Rapid breathing broke the silence around him, and a figure stumbled forward, holding on to the wall.

He was barefoot, and the light-colored clothes on his body were a little loose, and at first glance they looked like hospital gowns; in a dim environment. His long silver hair is very eye-catching, and his walking posture is also a bit strange: one foot is deep and one foot is shallow, like a child who has just learned to walk.

Because the rain had just stopped, there were a lot of puddles on the ground.

The light here was extremely poor, the road was uneven, and he walked unsteadily. He missed his step before he had gone very far.

When he fell, the water instantly soaked through the fabric on his body.

The stinging pain in his ankle brought a moment of clarity to his chaotic brain.

Feelings of déjà vu came one after another, and Yu Bai, who was lying on the ground, stopped breathing, and then coughed several times.

"Cough cough cough..."

A thin trace of red crawled onto the originally pale cheeks due to the violent breathing.

The loud noise of the starship explosion faded away like a tide, the pain of cosmic rays tearing the skin quickly dissipated, and the blurred vision gradually focused.

There were still some ripples in the small puddle in front of him, which made Yu Bai a little confused.

Didn't he die in the explosion?

The pain in his ankle was still there, so Yu Bai subconsciously stretched his leg, and then noticed something strange.

He raised his hand that was pressed into the mud. Although there was a slight double image in front of his eyes, he saw that the wrist was clean, without the string of numbers he had seen for many years. He touched his lower back through the damp cloth. There are no chains stuck there either.

How is this going?

But before he could think about it, several noisy male voices could be heard vaguely not far away.

"...Did he run along here?"

"Catch him quickly..."

"Here! I saw the footprints! He can't run far!"

"Quick, quick, quick - this seagulls boss There are a lot of trading points!"

Several voices sounded inexplicably familiar, and Yu Bai suddenly figured it out in the blink of an eye.

He seemed to be reborn.

He was reborn three years ago, the day he just arrived on the Tar Star.

The man he once rescued from the sea tricked him into landing and took him to this planet called Tal.

Although he didn't understand the language, mermaids were intelligent by nature. The man gestured, and Yu Bai roughly understood what he meant: In order to thank him for saving his life, he wanted to take him out of the ocean and see the land, and maybe he could still find him. of the same kind.

Living alone in the deep sea, he simply believed the other person's words, left the ocean where he had lived for many years, and followed the man to land.

There are indeed some companions on land who can live in water like him. They call these companions the sea.

However, mermaids who cannot hide their original form are common, but mermaids who can change forms at will are extremely rare.