Chapter 17

In the duty room of the military building, Duke scratched his head after hanging up the video call and looked at the people around him: "Shen Zhichu, the boss seems to be angry with me again."

Sitting at the workstation next to Duke was Shen Zhichu.

Shen Zhichu is another adjutant in the Marshal's Office.

He looks gentle and has a calmer personality than the careless Duke, so he is responsible for almost all clerical work.

In the previous secret mission on the Tar Star, Shen Zhichu was responsible for leading the reconnaissance team to track down the buyer who had photographed 1.5 tons of Medusa.

It was during that operation that the reconnaissance team was blocked by a magnetic storm, and Shen Zhichu was slightly injured and lay in the medical cabin all night before coming out.

Hearing Duke's words, Shen Zhichu looked up from his mind and said in a helpless tone: "...Have you forgotten that the marshal doesn't like to answer unnecessary questions?" Duke scratched his head again: "

I'm just a little curious... This You can't go on this cruise because your spirit has not recovered yet, but the marshal seems to want to bring another adjutant with him."

Shen Zhichu's eyes returned to the smart brain screen and said in a cool tone: "Maybe the marshal finally I think you are too annoying, so I want to find someone to replace you."

Duke nodded the table and said seriously: "Can you please stop talking nonsense? Although I... am a bit lively, I won't be annoying, right? The professional ability is also on the line. Where can the boss find a better assistant than me?"

Shen Zhichu: "...Ah, yes, yes."

After Duke crackled his brain to send out all the orders Fu Linyuan had just given, he looked at The screen muttered again: "Yu Bai...hiss, why does it sound so familiar...Old Shen, do you remember that there was an intern named Yu Bai who just joined the military department this year?" "

Yu Bai?" Shen Zhichu thought for a moment and shook his head. , "No."

Duke wanted to say something more, but Shen Zhichu was obviously not interested in the personal affairs of his immediate boss.

He stood up, stretched out his sleeves, and said, "I'm going to have a cigarette, shall we?" "

No, no, I'll wait for a reply from the logistics department first," Duke shook his head and looked at the other person's back with concern, "Are you healed? ? Can I smoke?"

"Small injury," Shen Zhichu's footsteps have faded away, "I mainly want to go out and get some fresh air."

-

The corridor of the military building is extremely quiet in the middle of the night, with only the incandescent lights overhead emitting soundlessly. With an inhumane cold light.

Adjutant Shen smiled and greeted several colleagues who were also on duty, and then walked up the stairs to the rooftop alone.

It was late at night, and the only sound that could be heard was the whistling wind on the rooftop.

There was no one around, and Shen Zhichu could no longer maintain his calm look. He covered his mouth, bent down, and coughed violently.

After a long time, he straightened up, took out a tube of demulcent and a handkerchief from his arms, injected himself with the medicine first, and then carefully wiped the blood from the corners of his lips.

There was still only the sound of wind around.

The weather is very good today. Looking out from the rooftop, you can see the endless lights of thousands of houses in the distance.