Chapter 28

Outside Ford Base, about one hundred and seventy miles away, there is a meteorite belt.

According to astronomers' calculations, this meteorite belt that spans 30 stars should have been formed by the impact of several asteroids thousands of years ago.

The debris in the meteorite belt ranges in size from large to hundreds of kilometers in diameter, while small ones are only a few kilometers in diameter.

Because of their different masses and different gravitational forces, their floating trajectories in space are also extremely random, which often brings great trouble to the Ford Base garrison's investigation work.

However, before the First Legion arrived, they still completed the investigation on time.

In the conference room, the photos sent back by the reconnaissance team from the meteorite belt were projected on the screen in front.

"...here, here, and here." Admiral Evans marked several points on the picture, "Compared with the last report sent to the main star, the Zerg traces have advanced about fifty stars. About 60 miles away, we have now entered the meteorite belt."

"According to this speed, the first batch of Zerg will arrive at the Fords defense line in about two weeks." At this point, Evans sighed, " Alas, I don't know what kind of medicine these bugs took this year. It's three months ahead of schedule... But since the First Army has arranged for the vanguard troops to set up camp near the coordinates of the defense line, we still have plenty of time. "

Fu Linyuan said yes He made a sound, called up the predicted star chart of the meteorite belt, and marked several routes at the same time: "This is the currently predicted optimal cruise route and backup route." The so-called cruise, the officers who came to the regular meeting today

are not familiar with this concept. Stranger.

In order to resist the insect waves that appear regularly every year, they formed a fleet and drove mechas to kill or drive away the insect troops before they completely passed through the meteorite belt.

The side of the meteorite belt close to the Fortes star is called the Fortes defense line by the base's garrison.

Evans, with his garrison, has been guarding this line of defense for more than ten years.

So even if this year's insect wave comes ahead of schedule, after a brief shock, the base has quickly entered a state of combat readiness.

The main purpose of today's regular meeting is to integrate personnel deployment and finalize alternate routes.

"...Due to the absence of Adjutant Shen, Team 014 has been merged with Team 012 led by Adjutant Duke. The deployment list of the remaining personnel has been drawn up, and it has not changed much from last year." Evans sent the document to He asked everyone present, "If there are no other questions, we will set off in two days." After

the meeting, Evans stopped Fu Linyuan,

who was about to get up and leave: "Marshal." Looking at the former's expression, it was obvious that he had something to say, so Fu Linyuan said, "Duke, take Yu Bai to dinner first."

Duke said hello, got up and walked out.

After thinking about it, Fu Linyuan stopped him again and added: "...Remember to bring him two desserts."

Through his observations in the past few days, Duke also discovered that Xiaohai loves sweets, and he said hello again. , then turned and left.

So there were only two people left in the conference room.