Chapter 51

It was already very late when Fu Linyuan came out of the conference room.

Duke, who was waiting outside, was startled by the sudden opening of the door. He swallowed half of his yawn and almost choked himself.

"...Boss?" Rubbing his neck, Duke endured sleepiness and followed the person walking in front, "I just remembered, there is one more thing..." Fu Linyuan was looking down at the terminal as he stopped the

car.

Hearing this, he didn't even raise his eyes and just said, "Say."

"When Xiaobai and I went to have dinner at noon, Shen Zhichu contacted me." Duke recalled, "He asked me about the emperor's birthday party this year. Should I reply to the invitation letter the same as in previous years? I will answer it as you said."

Fu Linyuan's eyes moved slightly and he raised his eyes: "...Did he ask anything else?" "

..." Duke squinted his eyes and thought. After thinking about it, he said, "...He asked Xiaobai if I had mentioned it before, and I said yes. Then he said that he would send the invitation letter to you in the afternoon, and then he didn't ask anything else." "...

Really?"

The man cut the page to the unread emails, scrolled through it, and sure enough he saw the invitation letter sent by Shen Zhichu.

Duke scratched his head, looked around the deserted corridor, and finally couldn't help but softly asked the question he had been holding back for a long time: "...Boss, why did you hide Xiaobai's matter from Shen Zhichu?"

He and Shen Zhichu asked. Shen Zhichu entered the military department almost immediately, and outsiders jokingly called the two of them the right-hand men of the Marshal's Office.

However, only the person involved, Duke, knew that the relationship between his immediate boss and his good brother Shen Zhichu was always a bit delicate.

He couldn't tell what was strange, but...

their relationship didn't seem to be as peaceful as it seemed on the surface.

But gossip is gossip, and Duke has always made a distinction between public and private affairs.

No matter how good his relationship with Shen Zhichu was in private...an order was an order. Since Fu Linyuan didn't speak, he would never reveal Yu Bai's identity to Shen Zhichu.

But having said that, Duke was still a little curious as to why his boss did this.

Fu Linyuan paused, then turned his eyes back to the document he was looking at before, and said in the same tone as usual: "...The less people know about him, the safer he is." "

Oh -"

Duke wanted to ask something else, but he only heard from the top of his head. The boss continued calmly: "The consultant has his own name, and in terms of position, he and you are still at the same level. Please be more respectful in the future."

Xiaobai... seemed too informal.

Duke said oh again, and then was stunned: "...Huh?"

...When did the boss transform into the Riddler?

Fu Linyuan glanced at him coolly again.

Duke: "..."

Duke finally reacted in that cold gaze: "...I know... I will call Xiao... Bah, Consultant Yu, to prevent others from looking down upon the people in our office."

Fu Linyuan Then he said yes.

...

By the time Fu Linyuan returned to the room, Yu Bai was already asleep.