Chapter 41

Half asleep and half awake, Yu Bai felt someone feeding him water.

The slightly sweet liquid moisturized his dry throat, making him

feel less uncomfortable instantly.

The pain in her throat was gone, and the little mermaid shrank into the warm coat again, and then fell into a deeper sleep.

...

There were no more dreams, and Yu Bai slept for two full days.

Two days later at noon, the little mermaid finally opened her eyes in a daze.

He sat up from the sofa, and the coat covering him slid down with his movements.

Yu Bai scratched his hair, yawned slightly, and then looked around.

He was the only one in the marshal's office at this time, and the bright sunlight streamed in quietly from the window, indicating that it was almost noon.

...I wonder what Fu Linyuan went to do.

Yu Bai yawned again.

Just as he was about to get off the ground, he discovered that his tail had not yet turned into legs.

Little Mermaid: ...

He opened his clothes, stared at his tail, and tried to activate his mental power again.

Nothing happened.

What followed was a slight feeling of dizziness.

...Has your mental strength not recovered yet?

Reaching out to poke the scales on his tail, Yu Bai sighed and lay down again.

This purification almost brought his mental strength to the bottom. If he wanted to recover quickly, it seemed that he would have to sleep again and drink more water.

Don't be so brave next time.

After pulling the loose coat up to his chin and covering it, Yu Bai reached out and poked the pillow he was resting on.

...When did this pillow get here?

He also brought his favorite pillow cover. Did Fu Linyuan bring it from the room?

Just as he was thinking about it, the little mermaid's ear fins moved and caught a hint of movement.

Someone is at the door.

Sure enough, two seconds later, a "beep" came from the door, and then Fu Linyuan walked in.

As soon as the man came in, he saw the little mermaid nestled on the sofa changing its position again.

Although his eyes were still closed, his long eyelashes were shaking constantly, as if he was afraid that others would not notice that he was pretending to sleep.

Fu Linyuan: "..."

As soon as Yu Bai heard the sound of the door opening, he quickly closed his eyes again.

If he remembered correctly... Fu Linyuan seemed to be angry before he fell asleep.

I haven't figured out how to explain to Fu Linyuan yet.

It's better to just... continue to sleep.

However, maybe he just woke up from a long sleep, or maybe he was unconsciously nervous and couldn't help but focus on the sounds outside.

Yu Bai only felt that he was completely sleepless now, and at the same time, he could clearly hear the other party's footsteps getting closer and closer to him...