Chapter 9

"Bang--!"

The flare burned out about one kilometer in front of the pilot ship, making a dull sound.

Indicates that the fleet has entered the atmosphere of the main star.

In the marshal's office located on the main ship behind the pilot ship, it was quiet at the moment.

Yu Bai's movement was too sudden.

Although Fu Linyuan's brain reacted, for some reason, he suddenly felt a little hesitant when he raised his hand to block.

It was this short hesitation that allowed Yu Bai to successfully pin him to the ground.

In fact, the moment the opponent made a move, Fu Linyuan thought that his long-held guess had finally become a fact: the docile and kind-hearted Xiaohai was just a disguise, waiting for the wound to heal or letting down his guard before he could reveal his sharp claws. tooth.

...The strength is indeed not small.

The light in front of him was almost completely blocked by the other party's thin body, Fu Linyuan thought.

But the other party's subsequent actions proved that his hesitation at that moment might have been correct.

He pressed on Fu Linyuan in a completely protective posture: enclosing him in the small space between himself and the sofa, covering his ears with two cold hands; the same sea-blue ear fins stood upright alertly , but his eyes were tightly closed as if he didn't want to see anything.

He closed his eyes so hard that almost his entire face wrinkled together.

Xiaohai was trembling.

It's like being scared.

In fact, Yu Bai's trembling was not big, but because the distance between the two people was too close, Fu Linyuan could clearly feel every tiny movement he made.

Even every gentle breath.

At this moment, Yu Bai's brain was actually down.

The reason for this action is also very simple - he mistook the signal flare for a very destructive photon cannon, and thought that the starship was going to explode in the next second, so he instinctively threw down the people around him.

"Bang--!"

He also heard the vague muffled sound.

...But why is there no sound of the starship disintegrating behind?

Or is he actually...dead? So you can't hear it?

But the person who was pressed by him still had warmth, as warm as a furnace.

Through the fabric, he could even feel the other person's warm breath on his collarbone.

And just when he was thinking wildly, a hand gently patted his back.

"...What's wrong?"

He heard Fu Linyuan ask.

Because the other party spoke, the temperature at the collarbone became more distinct.

I should be... still alive, right?

After remaining frozen for a few seconds, Yu Bai thought of it belatedly.

You can feel Fu Linyuan's chest vibrating when he speaks.

...So it didn't explode?

Slowly opening his eyes, Yu Bai was a little confused.

He clearly saw the photon cannon flying towards them, why didn't it explode?

Thinking about it, Yu Bai raised his head cautiously.