Chapter 39

minutes ago.

Waves of sharp pain came from his temple, but Fu Linyuan just gritted his teeth, and then calmly pushed the palliative into his veins.

The medicine took a certain amount of time to take effect. The man held his forehead with one hand, closed his eyes, and began the long wait as usual.

Absolute power means absolute price.

And Fu Linyuan has long been accustomed to the pain caused by strong mental power.

However, not long after, he heard some noises at the door.

The man raised his eyes and caught a glimpse of Yu Bai poking his head in from the door.

Then I heard the little mermaid ask softly: "...Are you asleep?"

Before Fu Linyuan could answer, he heard the other party confirming as if talking to himself: "Are you asleep?"

Fu Linyuan: "... "

With a thought in his mind, the man closed his eyes completely again, but his attention remained entirely on the footsteps of the other party.

Within a few seconds, gentle footsteps came to his side.

...Then the cool palms covered his eyes.

Fu Linyuan could feel the other party's palm gently pressing his eyelashes.

And just when he was about to speak, a soft singing sound suddenly sounded in the quiet office.

Soothing and gentle, like a ray of warm sunshine in the cold winter.

That was the first time Fu Linyuan heard such a unique and beautiful sound.

Ethereal and ethereal; graceful and crisp.

It makes people involuntarily indulge in it and feel relaxed and happy.

Then the man keenly caught a strange spiritual power entering his spiritual sea along with the singing.

This is a very dangerous behavior.

Everyone has his or her own subjective consciousness in the spiritual sea, so that the closer the spiritual sea is to the area of subjective consciousness, the more 'exclusive' one's own spiritual power becomes.

This means that if you are not careful, any other mental power that tries to approach the subjective consciousness will be regarded as an intruder and will be rejected and attacked by the subjective consciousness.

However, if the consciousness master controls his own mental power to a certain extent, he can control himself not to attack the 'intruder'.

Therefore, even if the male lion was aware that someone else had appeared in his territory, he did not immediately start attacking because he recognized the other person.

Yu Bai, on the other hand, didn't notice at all that the big lion lying in front of him had opened his eyes at some point.

Singing softly in her mother tongue, the little mermaid unconsciously remembered the past.

At that time, Fu Linyuan would unlock his shackles every now and then after the setting sun passed through the small window, and take him out to bask in the sun.

So after a while, in addition to observing the light passing through the window, basking in the sun became another thing that the little mermaid looked forward to most every day.

Because they noticed that he was trying to learn human language, all staff in the laboratory were expressly prohibited from talking to him, and would not have any communication in front of him.