Pet Project

Our story begins at night where we pan down from a shot of the moon. The camera descends past a castle-shaped manor until finally stopping in an underground lab. Inside of said laboratory we would find a man in a white lab coat speaking to a group of Forever Knights. 

Scientist: My fellow Knights, we have greatly endured a grave defeat. 

A change in perspective would show a large pink scar running down the man's face. This scar moved past his blind, right eye. 

Scientist: Our prisoner, the villainous dragon, escaped from our grasp. 

He lifted up a strangely shaped remote before pressing down on its large red button. This action activated a holographic feed of you annihilating the Forever Knights who had come to reclaim the dragon, along with said dragon's escape to the stars. Once the footage ended the hologram would fizzle out, allowing the man to continue his speech.

Scientist: But does this mean we have lost? Do we now abandon our sacred duty? 

All at once, the four or five Knights present would break into a collective chant.

Knights: No!/No sire!

Scientist: No! Instead, we must pursue the beast across the void. We must destroy it, and its vile species once and for all!

The mad doctor would clench his shaking fist, showing his resolve to the small group of grunts. The Knights would cheer this on, raising their arms in the air while they practically screamed in excitement. 

Scientist: And so, to that end, I have built...

He pressed the button on his remote a second time, activating a dramatic lightshow. Spotlights activated, casting a veil of white light onto an advanced spacecraft. Everyone's attention would be drawn to the large vessel while the scientist continued to explain just what it was that he had made. 

 Scientist: ..a starship combining dozens of alien technologies we have acquired.

We zoom into the starship's hull to see just what it was packing for weaponry. A three barreled plasma cannon sat on one wing, while two different sets of guns could be seen attached to the sides of thrusters. 

Scientist: And though its controls are too complex for human operation, I believe I have found a solution.

He turned back around before using the remote to once again activate a holographic display. A series of images, each featuring a familiar looking green and black piece of technology would now be presented in the form of a slideshow.

Scientist: These recent phenomena are the work of a Galvan shape-shifter--equal parts machine and beast...

This slideshow would end on a picture of Ship, where annotations examining the fascinating creature could be seen. The image would rotate around, showing the Galvanic Mechamorph symbiote's backside to continue the presentation. The scientist would walk up to the screen before turning around to address his lackeys one more time. 

Scientist: ...which can assimilate and duplicate any device it encounters. With it, we will create an armada of spacecraft which we can use to obliterate the dragon home world.

A knight with a bulkier frame stepped out of the shadows before removing his metal comedy mask. A large smile could be seen on his face, clearly enchanted by the notion of these sadistic and completely unnecessary actions.

Big Knight: I'll catch your little blob for you.

Scientist: Beware, Sir Morton, for it will not be easy to capture.

Sir Morton: That's what makes my job all the more interesting, don't it?

Later

We cut over to your house, where a mysterious creature would come through the woods and knock on your back door. Y/N would come over and open it, revealing nothing. The boy would take a quick look around, searching left and right until eventually looking down, where he would find Ship. Its tail wagged as it looked up at you, a happy chirp coming from his mouth while you smiled down at him.