Be-Knighted

Our story begins in the castle of the Forever Knights. A man stood atop a flight of stairs, giving a speech while someone walked across the red carpet to speak to him.

???: The Forever Knights have existed 1,000 years without a single goal. And tonight, we stand on the brink of triumph! 

An elderly man in royal garb gave the speech, raising his hand upon finishing his exclamation. Cheers erupted from the crowd of Knights who also raised their hands in the air. 

???: It all must fall on you. Are you ready, Connor?

Connor had finally approached his master. He was a tall man, wearing a modified version of the Knight's armor. He had no trench coat but instead a long red cape attached to his suit by the neck. He would then respond to his master without any hesitation on his part.

Connor: I am.

???: Throughout our history we've bought, borrowed, or stolen technology from Earth or beyond...that thus far none has worked. This one, we believe, is different. 

A Knight came in carrying a large yellow blaster. He would kneel before Connor, presenting the large weapon to him. Just then a blonde boy came in, handing the old man a helmet. 

???: You are the bravest of us all, Connor.

Said man would stand while carrying the weapon, slightly lifting it up upon fully standing.

???: You've earned the right to wield this. 

In the bowels of the castle a few of the Knights would enter something into a keypad, causing a large door to slide open and release some steam. Connor, now wearing his special helmet would receive some guidance from his superior.

???: Aim for the heart and hold the beam steady. 

Connor: I'll hold it steady, but how can I expect the same of the beast?

???: It's chained. Don't worry.

With that final bit of reassurance Connor would plunge into the dark room. The doors closed behind him once he had fully entered, cutting off that area's only source of light. Darkness engulfed the Knight until he activated a special setting on it that made its silver rods glow. A circular light overlayed him as he descended yet another flight of stairs. Brief cuts are made as he traverses the dark room, showing bits and pieces of his journey until he finally made it to where the beast lied.

Upon reaching the area the light would reveal that its shackles had been broken, the black metal rings having been lying on the stone brick for quite some time. A shrieking noise was made as the chain slid across the floor, causing Connor to look up at just what was dragging it. Glowing, yellow eyes fluttered open, piercing through the darkness as a green hand came in and slapped the man onto the cold floor. 

The impact knocked his helmet off of his head, rolling towards where the creature would step as it broke free. Its foot flattened the metal cylinder, the damaged helmet a small price to pay for its freedom. After slithering through a door, the creature would slam against the metal door that locked it in. Reports on nearby monitors read that the door suffered critical damage and would break at any moment now.

While the creature would attempt to free itself Connor would come to, quickly grabbing his weapon before rushing to where the beast was located. He aimed the gun at him, firing a beam that had only helped to further free the creature. It put a hole in the door that while small was big enough for the creature to use to assist in prying the door open. Using its claws it would pull the door apart, creating an opening large enough for it to break free. 

Now, freed from its shackles and past all of its obstacles the creature would leap through a stained-glass window before ultimately flying off into the night. From behind the torn metal, Connor would make a vow to the creature. A vow to destroy it once and for all.