Smart

Prompt- everyone goes out to the pub and enter the pub quiz and it comes out that you are a genius. You are 24 years old

You don't know why you agreed to this, when Marjorie asked you to join her and the others for drinks after work you said yes thinking it will be a few drinks then you could go home and sleep, but when you arrived at the pub with Sorscha and Clodagh who picked you up, you noticed straight away that the pub quiz was happening and you knew that everyone will be participating in it.

Sorscha noticed that you were nervous but couldn't tell "hey you okay" she asks, you nod your head and carried on walking behind them, when you entered the pub and see everyone sat at the table with drinks "Y/N we are doing the pub quiz" Marjorie tells you when you sit next to her at the table "sounds like fun" you say bluntly, everyone could tell that you didn't really want to be involved but knew you would still join in.

Nobody at the nursery knew much about you but they did know that you was very private about it, not even Marjorie knows a lot and you was close to her, "everybody please get ready to start the quiz please nominate one person to do write the answers down" you hear somebody announce, you grab the sheet from Marjorie and then pen of the table and everybody looks at you shocked "just trust me on this" you just say to everyone, they just nod at you.

"Okay everybody, this quiz is two parts both general knowledge but one is easier than the other, let's begin" the host shouts, as the quiz begins it everyone gives answers but you didn't need them too since you already knew the answers and written every answer down before they could even say anything; what you didn't realise is that Marjorie was just watching you and realised that you seem to know every answer before anyone could give you the answer, it wasn't until the last 2 question threw everyone "What is the number that is one more than one-tenth of one-fifth of one-half of 4,000?" nobody seemed to know, Marjorie watched as you just wrote the answer '41' down and then the last question seemed to cause an uproar in the pub "What is the 4-digit number in which the first digit is one-fifth of the last, and the second and third digits are the last digit multiplied by 3" Marjorie just watched as you didn't pay attention and just wrote the answer '1,155' down.

You passed the answer sheet to one of the pub workers when they reached for it, you could feel Marjorie watching you but you just took a sip of your drink and wait for the host to announce the results, you knew the prize was a bottle of wine but you didn't care about it though since you didn't drink. "Ladies and gentleman, we have marked all the sheets and only one team seemed to have got all the question correct so in first place is the Knights" your table just cheer and Autumn goes and gets the prize "how did we get the last two questions correct nobody got them right" you hear Autumn ask when she sits down with the bottle of wine and the sheet of answers, Marjorie looks at you and everyone else looks at you also.

"Y/N do you want to explain how you knew" Marjorie looks at you "you seemed to know every answer before we could give them to you" she continues, you just take a breath "I just knew the answers" you reply "that's not all is it, I asked the host and he said he put them last 2 questions in last minute and nobody apart from us got them correct" Autumn says to you; you knew that you had to tell them a bit about your past "I grew up in foster care, bounced around from home to home; nobody wanted a child who was smart" you explained "what do you mean Y/N, so what if you was smart" Clodagh says to you, "nobody wants a 10-year-old child who was smarter than them I got tested when I was 8 when I finished high school it turned out I had a photographic memory and an IQ of 188" you finished quickly, you looked at everyone and just got up and left the table.

You walked outside and sat at the tables that were outside, you heard footsteps and looked up to see Clodagh walking towards you "hi" you whisper "can I sit" Clodagh asks, her heart was hurting for you, so young but grew up very quickly, she sees you nod and she sits opposite you "I was never adopted and aged out the system at 18, I had 4 degrees under my belt, but I had no friends or family; I finally got my doctorate 2 ago, I have masters and PhDs but I rather have a family over that" you explain to her without being prompted "how old was you when you went to university" she asks "I was 9 years-old I did a 3 year degree in a year, by the age of 12 I had undergraduate degrees in biology, child education, fine art and engineering; by the age of 18 I had 3 masters in bioengineering, special educational needs and art, and then by the age of 22 I had a PhD and a doctorate" you got everything out, Clodagh was shocked at how smart you was and that you had all these degrees but you didn't care about that and just wanted a family to be proud of you.

Clodagh moved closer to you and wrapped you in a hug, it was the first hug you had received in a long time; "Sweetie, you don't have to answer but how many-" she didn't even finish the question before you answered "over a hundred homes I lost count" you whisper to her. She doesn't say anything but she just squeezes you closer to her; "you ready to go back in" she whispers to you, she sees you nod your head, Clodagh helps you get up and walks you in "I know your 24 but if you ever need a mum me and Sorscha are here for you" whilst you were close to Marjorie but everybody knew you was close to Sorscha and Clodagh.

You walk back over to the table but instead of sitting next to Marjorie you wait for Clodagh to sit down before you plonk yourself on her lap and she doesn't complain she wraps her arms around you and glares at everybody to not say anything; Sorscha leans over and wraps her arm around Clodagh and ask one question "Y/N can you help settle a debate between me and Charlie" "sure Ma what is it" nobody says anything but just kisses your head "well I searched a question online and half agree with me and the other half is with Charlie" you look at Sorscha "what is the question" you ask "well it's this if Tabitha likes cookies but not cake. She likes mutton but not lamb, and she likes okra but not squash. Following the same rule, will she like cherries or pears?, I think its cherries and Charlie thinks it pear, it must be cherries right" she asks you "why do you both think it's that answer" you already knew the answer but wanted to hear their opinions.

Charlotte answers first "I think its pears because the pattern is long worded foods" you nod your head and then look at Sorscha "I think its Cherries because who in the world eats pears" you laugh at Sorscha's reasoning "well the answer is cherries because Tabitha only eats food with 2 syllables, if you follow the pattern every food, she eats has two syllables" you explain to the table whist twirling Clodagh's wedding ring. You look up and everyone was looking at you "my love you solved that in minutes these two have been debating for 20 minutes and you come in and solve it" Marjorie says shocked, you shrug your shoulders you noticed Autumn and Mia looking at you and whispering "Y/N can you solve this maths question" Mia asks you before looking and Clodagh "if you don't want to you don't have too" she quickly says "sure what question" you say to her "it's okay mama, I don't mind this is family they won't hurt me right" you whisper to Clodagh "only if you are sure" she whispers back to you.

Mia reads the question to you "if 8+4= 212, 9+3= 312, 4+2+26 and 8+2= 410 then 5+1= what is the answer" "does anyone try before I say the answer" you ask anybody, they all shake their heads and you turn back to Mia "the answer is 56" you simply say everyone looks at you confused so you explain the answer to them "if A+B=CD is the given maths equation, then the logical sequence hidden in these equations is C=A/B and D=A+B" they looked at you shocked, you just look at them "how did you think I knew every child and every single thing about them, I have a photographic memory" you say them like it was simple, when you said that everyone suddenly realised that you did pick up on things to quickly when you first started at the nursery.