Gossip

Prompt: you hear 2 parents gossiping 

Walking into your husbands nursery to meet him after he had finished his shift, you walked past the rooms and in the direction of the office but stopped when you heard voices of 2 people and looking around the corner you saw 2 mums having a conversation and walking slightly closer you heard "I bet she's just with him for his money" come from one of the mums and "I bet he just married her out of pity" come from the other mum, hearing the comments actually hurt you because neither of it was true and it hurt to think that's what people actually believe about you and your husbands marriage, you have been married to your husband Reece for 4 years and have built a lovely life with each other and in a few months you were both excited to be expanding your family. You and Reece met by accident and had bumped into each other whilst walking down the street and Reece bought you a coffee to say sorry even when you told him he didn't have to and ever since that day you had gotten closer and soon started to date shortly after meeting and got married 2 years later and in the last 7 years of being with Reece you have never been happier than when you are with him.

You sighed just listening to the comments that was being said and jumped slightly when you felt someone wrap their arms around your waist but you relaxed when you smelt Reeces cologne he was wearing "hi gorgeous" you hear him say and you relaxed further into him feeling safe in his arms "hi handsome" you respond back smiling when you feel Reece rub your growing stomach "why are you standing in the corridor" you heard Reece ask you "I was on the way to the office but heard 2 mums saying stuff about us and our marriage but also they are stood outside near the office" you say to him whilst tilting your head back to look at him and saw his eyes narrow before he looked around the corner and saw that both mums were still stood there. You felt Reece remove his arms around you waist and felt him guide you down the corridor towards the two mums, as you both got closer you saw the mums give you a side eye when you walked past them and went to enter the office but quickly stopped when you heard "poor baby, growing up in a loveless family" come from the mum that was nearest to you and spinning quickly to face them, you glared a the mum who made the comment which had made you very angry and after the day you had hearing the comment had finally made you snap "want to repeat that to my face" you growl at the parent and saw her move back slightly not expecting you to turn around quickly "it's true though" the mum said to you and quickly moved back further when you stepped closer narrowing your eyes at her "no it's not true, and my marriage isn't any of your concern and for your information I'm not with him for his money and he isn't with me out of pity, we are together because we love each other and for your information I don't even need his money since I have my own" you say in a sharp tone and you have finally had enough dealing with people acting stupid "yeah right" the other mum whispers but you hear her anyway and turn your attention to her.

You glared at the other mum and just shake your head at them "not that it's any of your concern but I don't love Reece because of his money, I love him because he's a wonderful husband and person who would never hurt anyone he loves, he makes me so happy and every time I'm with him I can't stop smiling or blushing" you say to them and smile just thinking about Reece and how much you love him but was brought back to earth by "and if anything the comment 'she with him for his money' isn't even true since she has more money than I do and she worked hard to earn what she does" coming from Reece and you hadn't even realised that he was stood behind you again and heard what you said "yeah right I bet she just said that to get you to go out with her" the parent says and your eyes darken with furry and slowly walk towards the parents in front of you "I've worked my arse of to get where I am, for your information I own and run a highly successful Bioengineering company that I started when I was 19" you say to them both and saw them just look at you in shock. Not many people knew what you did for work since you liked to keep it very low key unless you was at an event or engagement that is linked to your business the only people who knew what you did were Reece and your sister in-law Autumn, even though you had met all of Reece's work friends they still didn't know what you did and you were happy to keep it like that until the two idiots in front of you started saying stuff.

You noticed their faces change expressions very quickly and saw them looking you up and down "I don't believe that for one minute" the mum closest to you says and before you could say anything you heard shuffling behind you and turning you saw Reece holding a magazine in his hand and saw it was the one that you was on the front off and watched as he passed the magazine to the mum who didn't believe what you said about your job "I think looking at this will change your mind" you heard Reece say to the mum and saw her reach it before hearing the mum gasp when she saw the front page that had you on it "we will just be going" you heard the other mum sat before they rushed off after passing the magazine back to Reece which caused you to laugh at them, turning to Reece still laughing you saw him also chuckling at the parents reaction "I think that will stop the gossiping" you heard him say which caused you to laugh even harder "I think so or maybe its made it worse but as long as they don't gossip about our marriage I don't care, I can handle a few gossipy parents" you say to him once you had calmed down and followed him into the office and sat in his chair spinning in it softly and you heard him chuckle at your actions "that is true I watched you once put 12 men in their place because they told you that you would ruin your image by getting pregnant, to be honest I had never been more scared for people than I did that day" you heard him say and you stopped spinning and looked at him "well my board members need to learn that its not the 1900s anymore and to mind their own business and it helped that I was already mad that day" you said to him chuckling at the memory of the day you made 12 grown men cry.

AN: I WROTE A SONG ABOUT THE CAVALRY AND THE NURSERY NURSE FANDOM IT'S CALLED 'Cavalry of Hearts'