Chapter 12

The dark room fell silent as she looked around. The noise was heard but she couldn't she anything but overwhelming darkness. "Wally? Dick? Please someone say something, anything!" She yelled frantically standing up. She ran around occasionally running into things until she tripped over something. That something made a pained noise as she sat up.

A groan escaped her lips as she looked around in the dark. "Artemis?" The small croaky voice asked.

"Dick?" She asked fumbling around on the ground.

"Flashlight in left pocket" he muttered before coughing.

She found it and turned it off immediately wishing that she never turned it on. He laid there with a single gun shot wound to the chest as his blood pooled around him. "Dick it's going to be okay" she said trying to keep her breathing even.

"Call the police there's a phone in the kitchen" he said as his eyes kept falling closed.

"Dick Grayson you better not die on me you cocky son of a bitch"she said before running off.

A small smile appeared on his face as he watched her run off. Quickly dialing the number she anxiously waited for someone to pick up. "911 what's your-" the person on the other line began to say.

"Help please there's been a shooting at Wayne Manor so please help!" She yelled before dropping the phone and running back to check on Dick.

She tripped again and another pained groan escaped the boys lips. "You bitch, why do you keep doing that?" He said with a small smile.

"I'm so sorry but people are coming to help. Where's the lights?" She asked taking a few deep breaths.

"Front door on the left" he muttered trying to fight the sleep in his eyes.

Running towards the door she felt around the wall until she found the light switch. As the lights flickered on she felt the need to puke. There was blood everywhere but she couldn't see Wally. Dick was lying in the corner coughing but Wally was nowhere in sight. "Wally!" She screamed out frantically. As she began running around screaming his name she spotted familiar red hair. Running over she pulled him out from under her father. "Wally oh shit why did you do this?" She asked looking down at the amount of blood around his stomach.

He stared up at her with his hazy green eyes. "I saved you. He was going to shoot you" he said with a pained look.

"You're so dumb you should've let me take the bullet" she said as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Don't cry, crying doesn't fit for such a beautiful face" he whispered putting his hand up to her wet cheek.

The front window suddenly shattered as a frantic raven haired girl jumped in. Her stomach immediately dropped when she saw the scene. That all changed when she saw Dick lying on the floor surrounded by blood. She ran over and propped his head up on her lap. "Dick what the hell happened?" She asked as tears spilled from her blue eyes.

"Artemis's dad, I was just trying to help but what are you doing here?" He asked while breathing heavily.

The girl pressed her hand to his chest as she looked down at his droopy blue eyes. "I came to see you but I saw the cars so I stayed back. That's until I heard the she gunshots and I ran as fast as I could to the front door but then it wouldn't open so I broke the window" she sputtered out all at once as her tears clouded her vision.

"Zee don't cry" he whispered wiping her tears away with his bloody hand.

Her cheek had his blood on it but she didn't care. He couldn't die on her, not like this. "Dick you need to stay awake" she said running her free hand through his jet black hair. He bit back a hiss. "I know Zee but it's so hard" he said as his eyes began dropping even further.

"Dick Grayson don't you dare die on me!" She yelled slapping his face. His eyes shot open as he held his cheek.

"Damn couldn't let a guy die in peace could you" he said smirking slightly.

She was covered in the boy's blood as it pooled around her. She wiped her tears before getting an idea. "Wanna see some magic?" She asked as he wearily raised an eyebrow. "llup tuo fracs(pull out scarf)" she said before pulling a colourful scarf out of her sleeve.

"See I do magic" she said before wrapping it around his chest tightly.

"That should buy us some time right?" She asked looking down at him with tears in her eyes.

"Zee if I die tonight you need to know that I love you and I have since third grade when you sat beside me" he said as tears streamed down his cheeks.

"Dammit Dick you're making this so hard but I love you too!" She yelled as she slapped him again.

"Ow" he said faintly.

"You were falling asleep" she whispered as she placed a kiss on his forehead.

Artemis looked over when she saw Zee sobbing before she smacked Dick. "Artemis did Zee just slap Dick?" Wally asked as he held his stomach.

"Yeah Wally she did" she said looking down at him.

Sirens were heard in the distance, help was coming. "Damn I never got to ask you out" he said laughing painfully. She snapped to his attention and looked down at him with wide eyes. "What did you say?" She stuttered out.

"I like you more than an acquaintance" he said rolling his half lidded eyes.

"If you stay awake I promise to go to the next dance with you as your date" she said biting her lip as tears streamed down her cheeks.

He smirked slightly wiping her tears again. "I can't promise anything Arty. After all we were born to die it's just a matter of time until we do" he muttered out with a sad smile. The blonde swallowed the lump in her throat. "Wally I like you too so much more than an acquaintance" she said back catching him off guard.

"That's all I asked for" he said as the Ambulances arrived at the Manor.

"Dick! Dick!"

A/N: Sorry I know it's a short chapter.

Skycrystal23  ;)