Chapter 34

Finals rolled around as blue eyes shot open. "Oh my god I'm gonna be late!" She yelled running around her room and throwing clothes on. "Zatanna are you alright?" Her father asked watching her run around her room like a spinning top. "I slept in!" She yelled running passed him into the kitchen. Grabbing a granola bar and her bag she sprinted out of the apartment and down the street. Arriving at the school she skidded to a stop in front of Artemis and Megan.

Giving her weird looks she took a deep breath. "I slept in and-" "Zee we know because your wearing a tube top" Megan laughed out as her cheeks flushed a bright red. "I got this" a voice said as a leather jacket went around her shoulders. "Thanks Dick" she murmured as the girls giggled. "I'm so gonna fail!" Another voice yelled as Wally walked over holding various papers in his hands. "I dare to say it but where's Linda?" Dick asked as everyone let out a sigh.

The red head scowled at his friends. "She's not a bad person guys and she's already finished her exams. Linda's still out of Town so she did them before us" he said as a small ghost of a smile graced the blondes lips. Checking the time on her phone she yelled. "Guys we have five minutes!" She yelled running into the school quickly. Everyone began laughing as they slowly followed her into the school. "When are we going to tell her that the time on her phone is wrong?" Megan asked as Dick smirked.

"After the exam I'll change it back" he said with a smirk. Sitting outside of her mathematics class she noticed Dick walk over with a smirk. "I don't understand the teacher said we have like twenty minutes until it starts" she said as he tried to muffle his laugh. Immediately she shot him a glare and snatched his phone checking the time. "You asshole!" She yelled punching him hard in the arm. "Ow!" He yelled rubbing his arm with a frown. "You owe me lunch now" she said crossing her arms.

     Raising an eyebrow he rolled his eyes underneath the dark shades. "Okay fine" he said as she nodded and handed his phone back to him. The exams dragged along as the bell rang. "Your free to go" the teacher said as they all smirked and walked out. Everyone was outside except for Wally which was confusing. "Where's Baywatch?" Artemis asked placing her hand on her hip. "I'm here!" He yelled jumping on the archers back.

     Stumbling she quickly composed himself and hooked her arms under his legs. "Whoo you didn't drop me!" He yelled as she rolled her steel grey eyes. Everyone else laughed at the two before the blonde dropped him on the pavement. Groaning she turned around and glared down at him. "Your lucky I tolerate you now otherwise I might've broke your arm" she said holding her hand out to the red headed boy. Taking her hand she pulled him up with a small smile.

     "So what are we going to do now?" Roquette piped up as they all shrugged. "Well Bruce is out for the weekend and Alfie is visiting England so we can throw a party" Dick suggested as Megan squealed. "I've never been to a party, are they fun?" She asked as Roquette nodded. "Yep Kal and I have been to some pretty crazy ones" she said as Kaldur blushed a light pink. "I never would've thought he was the partying type" Conner said as everyone looked at him shocked.

     "Dude did you just talk?" Wally asked as the ebony growled. Immediately he hid behind the blonde in fear. "If your going to kill anyone kill her!" He yelled as she turned around and smacked him in the back of the head. "Wally!" She yelled angrily. "So a parties good?" Dick asked as they nodded. "Dude I've already posted it on Twitter" Wally said as his friend paled. "Um okay well then lets go get supplies" he said as the boys nodded. "You girls coming?" Dick asked as Megan shook her head.

     "No we have to go shopping for an outfit!" She said as the blonde shot her a glare. "Wait no we're not-" "Come on girls" Roquette said as they grabbed Artemis and began dragging her away. 'Help me' she mouthed to the red head as he shook his head laughing. "Wally you coming? Or are you going to stay and flirt with Artemis?" Dick teased as he scowled at his best friend. "Dude I have a girlfriend" he said plainly as they rolled their eyes at him.

     "Megan you know I hate shopping!" The blonde yelled as the girls tried to get her into the car. "Come on maybe you could pick up a boy toy" Zatanna said with a wink as the blonde bit her lip. "Okay fine" she said as they all let out relieved sighs. Piling into the car they sped off to the mall and began searching for outfits. "Should we go sexy or casually cute?" Megan asked as they all answered. "Sexy definitely. The guys will get really protective then" Zee said as they raised an eyebrow.

     "How do you know?" Artemis asked as the ebony blushed a bright red. "I know he does okay end of discussion" she said walking away blushing up a storm. "So do you know what Conner likes?" Roquette asked as her and Megan looked through the racks of clothing. "I don't know he's that type of guy who cares about what you are on the inside" she said with a shrug as Roquette held a mini skirt up to her. "Well maybe we can make him think twice for one night" she said as the red head gave a small smile.

      Artemis walked down an aisle and found Zatanna looking at a rack of dresses. "You look worried" she said as the ebony jumped. "Dammit Artemis you scared me!" She yelled taking a deep breath. The blonde rolled her eyes and looked at the dresses. "I've never thought you as a dress type" Zee said as she let out a low growl. "I'm not but it doesn't hurt to look" she grumbled as the girl snickered. "You really need a boyfriend" she said as Artemis frowned.

     "Is it bad that the boy I want has a girlfriend" she said as the ebony sighed. "Maybe you should give up on him Artemis I mean he's clearly trying to friendzone you" she said as her grey eyes fell with sadness. "Your right I should try looking for someone who's not as thick headed as him" she said as they both broke out in laughter. Eventually they got their outfits and drove to Artemis's house. "Ollie the girls are here! Oh and we're going to a party tonight!" She yelled as fast footsteps were heard.

     The blonde man appeared with his brows furrowed. "Who's party?" He asked as she gave Zee a look. "Dick's throwing a secret party while Bruce is out" she said as Oliver nodded with an evil smile. "What's with the smile?" Roy asked walking in with a bag of chips in his hand. "Nothing Bruce will just be so pissed off" he said as Roy rolled his eyes. "You and the rest of the JLA love to piss off Bruce Wayne" he said as the three girls raised their eyebrows. "JLA? What's the JLA?" Megan asked as Artemis sighed.

     "I'll explain while we're getting ready" she said guiding them upstairs.

Skycrystal23  ;)