Chapter 31

"So you're going to have the whole house to yourself" she said as the red headed girl nodded. "Yep because there's no way I'm going with him back to the island" Megan said as she cocked an eyebrow. Her pale fingers weaved the blondes hair as she began to braid it. "Why? Don't you miss your family?" She asked as Megan went stiff at the mention of her family. The room had an unnatural silence to it as the blonde waited for her answer. "No I uh don't" she said as Artemis turned around and looked at her.

     Her facial expression read hurt and loneliness as Artemis sighed. "I wasn't supposed to be here but when I heard that my Uncle J'ohnn was leaving I jumped at the chance. Its not like I was an only child. My siblings all looked different from me and I was always shunned as the weird one so I followed my Uncle and arrived here" she said in a sad voice as the blonde nodded. "I know what its like to have a broken family" Artemis said comfortingly.

"M'gann someone is at the door for you. Her name is Roquette I believe" her Uncle said from the opened door as she nodded. "Thanks" she said as her and Artemis walked down the stairs to the front foyer. "Hey girls!" She exclaimed happily as the car on the side of the road honked its horn. Turning around Roquette blew a kiss as the car drove off. "Who was that?" Megan asked leaning against the wall. "Kal. He was just dropping me off" she said with a sweet smile.

"He's head over heels for you" the blonde muttered as she blushed. "Anyways lets set a movie up" Megan chimed happily as her phone began buzzing. "Hello?" She asked not recognizing the number. "Megan please tell me my daughter is there" Giovanni's voice sounded through the phone. "Mr. Zatara I'm sorry but Zee hasn't called me since we left the beach-guys have you talked to Zee at all?" She asked as the two girls shook their heads.

A nervous sigh was heard as Megan's eyes lit up. "She's probably at Dick's house, Zee trusts him with her life there's no way he wouldn't know where she was" she said as a relieved sigh was heard. "Thank you Megan for your help" he said before hanging up. "Why did you ask us if we've talked to Zee?" Artemis asked as Megan looked nervous. "It was her Dad he was asking if she was here" she said as they all frowned. "I'll call Ollie and ask him to ask Bruce if Zee's at the Manor with Dick" Artemis said walking to another room.

Megan and Roquette slumped down on the couch and began flipping through the movie channels. "Now I'm scared for my girl" Roquette said as Megan nodded in agreement. "Yeah she's like my little sister" she said as Artemis walked back in. The tension in the living room was very noticeable to anybody that walked in. "Good news she's there" the blonde said as the two girls let out a relieved sigh. Sitting on the couch they put on a random movie that looked good.

Megan kept rocking back and forth on the couch biting her lip. "What happened between you and Wally today?" She blurted out before slapping her hands over her mouth. Artemis paled slightly as Roquette opened her mouth. "Yeah that wasn't just nothing" she said as a crashing noise was heard from the front door. They all jumped slightly as the lights began flickering before shutting off. "The powers out" she whispered as a chill ran up their spines.

Heavy footsteps were heard walking around the hallway. "This way" Artemis whispered as they followed her crawling along the hardwood floor. Hiding behind the couch they peeked over and looked around at the dark silhouettes. "Where's my Uncle J'ohnn?" She asked in a low whisper as a large shadowy figure entered the room. Sinking down to the floor they all stayed as quiet as mouse's. The large shadow appeared in front of them as they all began screaming.

"Please don't kill us!" She yelled as a light flashed in their eyes. "M'gann why are you screaming?" Her Uncle asked holding a flashlight in his hand. They all began nervously laughing as they stood up. "Sorry we thought you were an intruder" she said blushing an embarrassed red. "I apologize if I caused you girls any stress" he said to the two girls as they nodded. "Kal said its a City wide blackout. Someone messed with one of the generators and it short circuted the rest of them" Roquette said as her phone illuminated her face.

Megan tried flicking the lights on to no use. "I'm going to check on the ladies" he Uncle said before leaving the house with his flashlight. "Ladies?" Artemis questioned as the girl rolled her eyes. "He volunteers at the seniors home" she said as the girls nodded. Carefully making their way around the dark townhouse Megan stubbed her toe. "Ow!" She yelled in pain as the two girls behind her stifled a laugh. Roquette's phone began ringing as she answered it. "Hello?.....yeah I'm fine how are you?.....yep.....okay love you too....bye" they heard her say before she hung up.

     "Who was it?" Megan and Artemis immediately asked. "Its Kal he was just seeing if I was okay" she said calmly as they made their way into Megan's room. Flopping onto the pink bed they all sighed. "I'm so bored!" She complained aloud. "When are you and Kaldur going to get married?" Artemis asked sitting up as Megan's eyes went wide. "Your getting married?!" She yelled shocked as Roquette sat up shaking her head. "No we're not getting married!" She yelled as Artemis laughed.

     "He should hurry up before someone steals you up" Artemis said as the girl blushed. "I haven't graduated Highschool let alone College" she said as Megan giggled. "You two are like perfect for each other!" She exclaimed as Roquette faced palmed.

A/N: Sorry such a short Chapter schools been crazy recently......

Skycrystal23  ;)