Chapter 18

They laid on the beach all day just talking about the random things that popped into their mind. "Oh I remember this one time Dick and I super glued all of Mr. Wayne's utensils to his desk. Believe me I've never seen a glare more scarier than Mr. Wayne's glare, people call it the infamous Batglare" he said as a smiled graced her lips. Conner, Megan, Zatanna and Dick walked over to them soaking wet.

     "What have you two been doing?" Zatanna asked raising an eyebrow. "Talking, why?" Artemis asked glaring at the ebony. She shrugged with a sly smirk as they all dried off. "I say that we have a piggy back race to the diner around the block" Dick said as Zatanna and Megan immediately agreed. Conner grunted as usual and Wally looked over at Artemis. "Get ready to get your asses kicked" she said as Wally grinned. The girls jumped onto the guy's backs as Dick counted down.

     "Five, four, one!" He yelled running off. "You little cheater!" Wally yelled as Artemis wrapped her arms and legs around him so she didn't fall off. The wind ran through her blonde hair as she laughed happily. Dick and Zatanna were first followed by Wally and Artemis. Conner and Megan were last as he got confused by the rules. "We won!" Dick and Zatanna chanted doing a little dance. "No you didn't he cheated!" Wally yelled pouting like a little child.

     They eventually went into the actual diner and took a seat at a large booth in the corner. "So what do you think Roquette and Kalfur are doing?" Megan asked leaning her head against Conner's shoulder. "Oh Artemis said that they were probably banging each other at the house" Wally piped up glancing at Artemis out of the corner of his eye. "You think so low of Kaldur" Zatanna said smirking as Artemis rolled her eyes. "Well it's Spring Break and they specifically stated that they wanted alone time" Artemis said as they all sighed.

     The food came and Wally kept stealing her French fries. "Wally if you steal another one of my god damn fries I will stab you" she threatened as he smirked and took another one. She took the knife and stabbed it in between his fingers. "You missed" he taunted. "Oh I won't miss next time" she said glaring at him hard. The other two couples were whispering to each other before Zatanna spoke up. "It's getting late, should we go back to the house and watch a movie?" She asked as everyone nodded.

     Movie night turned out to be awkward. Artemis and Wally ended up being the awkward third wheels as they were in the middle of a make out session. "How about we go for a walk?" Artemis said standing up and turning to Wally. "I agree with you for once" he said following her quickly out of the living room. "They're like damn animals!" She exclaimed as he followed her upstairs. "I thought we were going on a walk" he said plainly.

     "I know but it's dark out and I'm not going to wear my bikini any longer" she said rolling her eyes. Going through her suitcase she pulled out jean shorts and a black tank top. "I'll be back and I'm locking the door" she said walking to the washroom and locking it behind her. After five minutes she walked out with her hair tied up in its ponytail. Their walk went on pretty far as they ended up back on the beach.

     "It's beautiful" she said staring at the moon illuminating the calm water. "Yeah" he said staring at her. The light lit up her face perfectly as her steel grey eyes practically glowed in the moonlight. "Let's take a photo so we can remember today" he said with a soft smile. "Okay" she said softly as they turned with their backs to the water. He held his phone out while she leaned her head on his shoulder. Her tongue was stuck out as she held up a peace sign while he just smiled brightly.

     The moon and the ocean were in the background, it was a perfect photo. "Send me the photo" she said as he looked at it on his phone. He nodded and then stared at her. Those glossy steel eyes that he admired. She leaned in and then his phone began ringing loudly. Artemis looked down to see a girls face on the screen 'Linda Park' was her name. "You should take that" she said taking a step back as her frowned. "Hello?" He asked answering the phone.