Chapter 55

Halloween was upon as a loud noise snapped the ebony girl awake from her sleep. It was still dark outside but she was fully awake now. Grabbing the bat she hid under her bed she silently made her way into the living room. Her Dad had to go visit an ill friend so she was alone, at least that's what she thought. A shadow moved across the floor behind her as her fingers tightly gripped the bat. Swiftly turning around and swinging the bat she hit the target. "Ow! Zee! Zee! Ouch, it's me!" The voice yelled as she turned on the light.

On the floor was her sneaky ass boyfriend Dick Grayson. "Dick I could've killed you!" She yelled dropping the bat and running over to him. "Believe me I know. Damn you swing hard" he said rubbing the side of his head in pain. Quickly standing up she got a bag of ice and threw it at him. He groaned when the bag of ice hit him in the head. "I'm so sorry!" She sputtered out as he nodded standing up. He helped him to the couch all the while muttering apologies under her breath.

"Why are you here anyways?" She asked as he let out a dry laugh. "I left my jacket so I texted you saying I was coming to get it" he said as she gave him a nervous smile and nodded. Running to her room she checked her phone and there indeed was a text saying that he was coming to get his jacket. "I'm a bad girlfriend" she said shuffling back into the living room and flopping onto the couch. She pulled her knees to her chest and rested her chin on them. "Zee your not a horrible girlfriend. At least I know that you'll have the robbers running away screaming from you" he said with a chuckle as she elbowed him.

A sly smirk made its way onto his face as he scooted over and rested his head on hers. "I'll accept the apology in a form of a kiss" he said with a smug grin as she sighed. Turning around to face him she held his face in her hands. "You know you don't have to ask for a kiss" she whispered before gently pressing her lips to his. "Happy Halloween Boy Wonder" she said when they broke apart. He smiled and continued to ice the side of his head hoping to numb the pain. "Did I really hit you that hard?" She asked now flipping through the television channels.

"You didn't hit me that hard considering I'm still conscious" he said making her frown deepen. The sun was slowly starting to rise over the City making the sky become a mix of colours. Their school was gracious enough to let the students have a free day. The dance started at six o'clock so the free day gave the faculty time to decorate the place without students disrupting them. "How's your costume?" She asked from the kitchen. After much convincing he let her make breakfast for him. "You know I should be doing this and not you" he whispered in her ear while wrapping his arms around her waist.

She yelped from the sudden contact. "I can officially add the 'dis' back to the 'traught' okay" she said as he sighed with a smirk plastered to his face. After all he had basically made his own version of the English dictionary. "I can't cook like this" she said trying to mix the pancake batter. He let her go and continued to lean against the counter just watching her. "Your staring is making me second guess my cooking skills" she said as he rolled his eyes. "Oh please is it a crime to stare at my stunning girlfriend?" He asked as she chuckled.

"Your Grayson charm won't work on me" she said as he leaned forward and kissed her cheek. While she flipped the pancakes he rummaged through the cupboard and grabbed two glass cups. "Pancakes have turned out semi-successful" she said as he poured chocolate milk into the two glasses. Carefully walking back to the living room they sat on the floor in front of the coffee table and began to eat. "So when was Bruce expecting you back?" She asked cutting her pancakes into pieces.

He looked at his watch and then back to her. "Well I think he'll understand if I said that you beat the crap out of me with a baseball bat and then apologized by making me breakfast" he said as she frowned. "Again I didn't know it was you who was creeping around the apartment" she said crossing her arms over her chest. Flipping to the news channel they both let out annoyed sighs seeing that it was Gordon Godfrey on the news report. "This guy is the definition of an asshole" she said as he nodded in agreement.