Chapter 13

The raven haired girl began screaming frantically. The emergency crew ran in and immediately whisked the two boys off. Police officers arrived and began questionioning the two girls as they got patched up. "He stopped breathing Artemis what if oh god what if he's dead" Zee said beginning to sob harder. Artemis did something that she never had done before. She gave Zee a tight hug which made all of the officers gasp in shock.

The blonde finished comforting her friend before turning around with her hands clenched into fists. "Look I am not my father so that sure as hell doesn't mean you have the right to judge me upon it" she said with reddened eyes. "Come on Zee we're done here" she muttered before grabbing the ebony's wrist and guiding her out the door. "Where are we going?!" Zee asked as she ran after her friend down the long winding driveway.

She didn't answer only kept running where her feet would take her. "Where's Wally?" The blonde thought to herself. Running through the streets and bumping into random people. "Artemis stop!" Zee yelled finally grabbing the blondes arm. Artemis turned around with tears streaming down her olive skin as her swollen eyes tried blinking away the oncoming tears. "Zee I need to see him because it's my fault he's hurt" she said in a shaky voice.

Zee just nodded and they began running again. After about an hour they arrived at the hospital and nearly collapsed on the tile floor. "Are you two girls alright?" A nurse asked helping them up. "We're looking for Wally West and Dick Grayson" Zee panted out. "Mr. West is still in the O.R but Mr. Grayson is in recovery" the nurse said with a smile. "Are you family?" She asked looking down at the clipboard. "I live with him and his family and she's his girlfriend" Artemis said and the lady gave an uneasy smile.

"Okay I'll let it slide this time go on, room 1344" she said with a bright smile. The two girls immediately ran and skipped the elevator because it would take to long. Zatanna's heart ached when they ran into his room. The ebony boy was barely awake and was hooked up to many different pain killers. "Hey Dick" she whispered taking a seat next to him and intertwining their fingers. "Hey Zee, Woah how did you get here?" He said giggling.

She smiled and let out a few tears happy to know that he was okay. "Awe Zee here lemme kiss it better" he slurred out. She leaned down and kissed him with a wide grin plastered to her lips. "Awe Arty here is looking for Wallace" Dick giggled out. Artemis raised an eyebrow at him as Zee laughed. "Wally's gonna be so pissed" the girl laughed out to the blonde. Artemis stayed for a bit and eventually fell asleep on the chair she was sitting on.

"Dick I thought you were going to die today in my arms" Zee whispered looking at the dazed boy. Two hours had elapsed and the drugs were beginning to wear off. "But I didn't die because I had a reason to keep breathing" he said weakly squeezing her hand. "Oh yeah and what was that reason?" She asked wiping her tears with the sleeve of her sweater. "You. I couldn't bare not seeing your sweet smile, the feeling of your lips on mine, that lilac perfume you always wear, your beautiful ice blue eyes and just your everything. If I died I would miss you too much" he said wiping her tears with his free hand.

She smiled and placed a soft passionate kiss on his chapped lips. "I would miss you too" she whispered whilst yawning. Her reddened eyes stared up at him as she laid her head on his lap. Zee's eyes fluttered closed as she fell asleep on the boys lap. Weakly playing with her hair he smiled at how peaceful she looked whilst sleeping.

The blondes inner clock woke her up at the crack of dawn as the warm sun began spilling through the rooms windows. Her back stung from the lack of medical treatment she received from the injury caused by her father. Her steel grey eyes scanned the room and noticed how adorable Dick and Zatanna looked. She stretched her body before standing up and walking towards the bathroom.

"You look like shit" a raspy voice said. Her eyes widened as she turned around to see a very sick looking red head. "What are you doing?" She asked raising an eyebrow. "Came looking for you" he said with a small smile. "You're an idiot" she muttered before helping him back to his room. The room was empty except for him in it alone. "Where's your parents?" She asked sitting on the edge of his bed.

He looked down at his hands with a frown. "They're gone" he said in a sad voice. Her eyebrows furrowed in evident confusion. "What do you mean?" She asked shifting uncomfortably. "They've been brutal lately and while I was in here they took the liberty to ditch my sorry ass" he said sighing. "At least they loved you for the time being instead of being shitheads towards you the whole time" she said as tears brimmed her steel coloured eyes.

     He placed his hand on hers and gave her a sympathetic smile. "No I'm okay it's just-he was my dad and no matter how much I hated him for what he did he was still my dad" she whispered to him. "Soooooo about that dance you said you'd go to as my date?" He chimed. "Ugh, whatever" she said rolling her puffy eyes. He suddenly started doing a little victory dance in his bed making her smirk. "I'm going to get some food I'll be back" she said standing up and kissing his forehead softly before leaving the room.

     His cheeks turned as red as his hair and his freckles instantly became invisible. She walked back into the room with a sandwich and two soda pops. "Here I heard that the food they give you is crap" she said smirking as she passed him the soda and half of her sandwich. "What's the catch?" Wally asked sibling on the soda. She raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Oh there's no catch" she said in an innocent voice.

     They ate silently and he finished faster so he began staring at her intently. "Why are you staring at me?" She asked blushing slightly. "Because you're very, very pretty" he said leaning his face on his hand. She rolled her eyes and propped her feet up on his bed. "I'm not that pretty" she sighed. "In my eyes you're a goddess with a bad temper" he said making her crack a smile. "Yes and you are a cocky asshole yet you're a hot cocky asshole" she shot back with the same sly smile.

     "Can we have some nurses go to room 1344 we have a code blue. I repeat, can some nurses go to room 1344 we have a code blue" a ladies voice said over the speakers. "That's Dick's room" the blonde said with wide eyes.

Skycrystal23  ;)