Chapter 48

"Hey Linda I'm just going to talk to Artemis quickly" he said walking over and sitting beside the blonde. "Why do you look so sad all of a sudden?" He asked as Artemis glared at him and turned away. "I don't feel well I think I'm going to go home" she said all of a sudden. That grapefruit she got wasn't exactly sitting well. Then again she had never had grapefruit before so she could be having an allergic reaction or something.

Standing up abruptly everyone at the table looked at her funny. "Artemis your face is really red" Wally said as she looked around the spinning room. All of the girls quickly got up and helped her out of the cafeteria and to the office. "Yes ladies?" The secretary asked as Megan sat on the bench and let Artemis rest her head on her lap. "My friend ate a grapefruit and she's never had it before but I think she's allergic to it" Zee sputtered out quickly. The secretary surprisingly got all that and dialed Oliver's phone number.

"Yes hello Mr. Queen, your Niece is quite ill and is needing to be picked up. Okay I'll tell her" the secretary said before hanging up the phone. "Miss Crock he said that your brother Roy will take you home" she said as all of the girls groaned. Sure enough Roy came strutting into the office with a sly smile on his face. "Let's go replacement" he said helping her up as she said her goodbye's to her friends. "So Ollie said your sick and I'm guessing he's right since your cheeks are purple" he laughed out as she shot him a cold stare.

Sitting in the car she crossed her arms and looked out the window. "I'm probably going to take Jade out when I get back so don't die at home" he said as she rolled her grey eyes at him. Then an evil idea popped into his mind as he dialed someone's number on the speaker of the car. "Hey Roy-" "Look Wally I'm going out and Arty needs a babysitter so leave class and go to the Mansion" he said before hanging up without letting Wally speak any further. "I don't need a babysitter" she said with her arms crossed over her chest.

"How much of that fruit did you eat?" He asked as they drove passed the ocean. Just looking at the water sent chills up her spine. Looking away from the water he raised an eyebrow. "I had a bite" she said as he smirked. "Your lucky your cheeks are just purple. Who knows you could be dead if you ate more" he taunted as she elbowed him in the arm. Dropping her off at the Mansion she went in and Jade went out. An irritating headache buzzed through her head as the doorbell rang. "Speedy babysitter at your service!" Wally said when she opened the door.

     Rolling her eyes she let him in and walked to the living room plopping herself down on the couch. He stood there staring at her awkwardly as she glanced over. "What? If you want to say something then say it" she said rubbing her temples trying to ease the headache. "You looked upset earlier-" "I'm fine Wally I was just disappointed that Linda was back" she grumbled becoming more irritated each minute. "Why do you hate her? She has done nothing to you-" "Wally just shut up!" She yelled loudly as he stopped mid sentence.

     She stood up and walked to the kitchen as he trailed behind her. "What are you doing?" He asked as she opened one of the cupboards. "I have a headache so I'm going to take some Benadryl and hopefully go to sleep" she grumbled taking the medication. Putting it away she walked back to the couch and grabbed the throw over blanket and wrapped it around herself. Snuggling into the corner of the couch she could feel her eyes drooping as she fell asleep. He sat there and watched her sleep which seemed really creepy to him but she was just so damn beautiful.

     Quietly turning the TV on he switched to the News Channel in Central City to see his Aunt Iris. He hasn't seen his Aunt in awhile, he'll probably see her on Halloween though. His phone buzzed as he checked the text message from Dick. "Your girlfriend just punched Megan's brother and Megan is pretty pissed" he texted as Wally paled. Why would Linda punch Garfield the kid was only thirteen!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     "Ow! Why did you hit me?" Gar asked sitting on the ground and looking up at Linda in fear. "You were in the way dweeb!" She spat as tears brimmed his emerald eyes. The hallway was silent until clicking heels were heard coming down the hallway. "Garfield!" Megan yelled scurrying over and checking his now bloody nose. "Awe did the alien come and save her baby brother?" Linda teased as Hilary walked over and gave her friend a high five. "Good job Linds" she said in her super perky voice.

     Usually Megan was a very shy and non violent person but this was different. "You motherfucking bitch!" Megan yelled standing up and punching Linda hard across the face. Everyone gasped as some people took out their phones and began recording. "You didn't just-ah!" Linda yelled jumping on Megan and beginning to hit her and pull her red long hair. "Megan!" Conner yelled grabbing Linda and holding her back so his girlfriend could get up. Zatanna and Roquette ran over and steadied the red head.

     It was afterschool so there were no teachers which is why the fight began. "No one hurts my friend and gets away without a few bruises!" Hilary screeched loudly as her and Linda followed the girls outside. "And what are you going to do about it?" Megan asked with blood running down her chin from her split lip. Behind her were Roquette, Zatanna, Cassie, Kori, Raven, Conner, Kaldur, Dick, Tim and Garfield. "Oops I think our ride is here Linds!" Hilary said before pulling Linda and running away from the group.

     "Thanks guys" Megan said as Conner walked over and wiped the blood from her lip. "Good job kicking her ass" he said as she gave him a small smile. "My hand hurts though" she said as he smirked and kissed it. "Now can we tell Wally to dump Linda?" Dick asked talking over everyone. "Yes!" They all responded at the same time as he smirked. "Texting him now, should I send the video I took?" He asked as everyone nodded. An mishchevious laugh escaped his lips as he hit send.

     "Are you okay M'gann?" Gar asked using her real name. "Yeah Gar I'm okay, it was worth it if it meant defending my little brother" she said giving him a hug. "We're gonna go and get cleaned up we'll see you tomorrow" Megan said waving goodbye before walking off with Conner and Gar.

Skycrystal23  ;)