Chapter 14

The girl woke up to a loud repetitive noise which was rather annoying. Dick wasn't moving so she panicked and pressed the emergency button. A couple of nurses and a doctor came rushing in and surrounded him. She stood there in shock. The girl didn't even hear Artemis yelling her name. "Zatanna you're crying" Artemis said pulling her into a tight hug.

"Artemis I can't lose him. I think I love him Artemis and it's just killing me from the inside out!" she cried into the girl's shoulder.

The nurse's told them to wait in the lobby but instead the two went to Wally's room. "What's happening?" He asked as Artemis sat her down in a chair. Tears streamed down her cheeks and fell onto her legs. Artemis began talking to Wally in a low whisper so she couldn't hear. "Zee he's strong don't worry" Wally said with a small smile.

"Why aren't his parents here?" she asked in a concerned voice.

Artemis and Wally both gave her uneasy looks. "Zee his parents are dead. They died in front of him a couple years ago" Artemis said making her frown.

"I just hope he gets better" she mumbled.

The dark haired girl was waiting for a long time and eventually fell asleep in the stiff chair. "Zee! Zee! He's awake!" Artemis yelled shaking her awake. Immediately she jumped out of the chair and ran towards his room. "Zee I'm oka-" she cut him off by pressing her lips onto his. He kissed her back. Pulling away she leaned her forehead against his to take a breather.

Taking a deep breath she began to speak. "I can't live without you Dick, please don't die on me" she whispered as tears fell from her eyes.

"I won't. I'm okay now" he said kissing her tears away.

"There you are Zatanna!" An alarmed voice said.

The girl sat up and looked back seeing her father with a worried look on his face. "I've been here the whole time. Sorry for not calling you" she whispered but all he did was hug her.

"Are you okay?" her father asked Dick.

"Yeah sir just woke up from another scare" he said squeezing Zatanna's hand.

"Dad um Dick is actually my boyfriend, that's why I went to visit" she said looking down in shame.

Zatanna didn't like lying to her father but if she didn't she wouldn't be dating Dick at all. "I know and I approve just don't hurt her" he said before walking out. She looked over at him and placed another kiss on his chapped lips. "Wow two kisses in the span of five minutes" he said amused.

"I'm just so glad you're okay" she whispered.

"How about when I get out we go somewhere fun" he said with a small smile.

The girl nodded and kissed him again. "Do the rest know yet?" He asked half an hour later. She was cuddled up next to him on the bed, they were just enjoying each others company. She shook her head and looked into his eyes. "That's good it's best to keep them in the dark for as long as possible" he said kissing her forehead softly. After awhile she fell asleep again and luckily didn't wake up to him dying this time.

He had more colour in his face and he looked better.  A yawn escaped her lips as she then heard a voice. "Oh Mr. Wayne!" she said getting up rather alarmed.

"It's okay Zatanna I've been here for a couple hours now" the man said ushering for her to sit back down.

The teen's face was flushed red with embarrassment. Her clothes were still stained with blood and she hadn't gone home in two days. "Go home and freshen up I'll keep an eye on him" he said with a small smile.