Chapter 51

Photography class must be the most boring class he could've taken. "Good job Mr. West" the teacher said as he gave her a weird look. "Arty what did you get?" He asked peering over her shoulder. "Eh, could've gotten better" she said flashing him her A- and sighing. Looking at his mark he smirked to himself. The picture really did turn out amazing. "Got a perfect score" he said with a smirk as she rolled her eyes. "Well it looks like Mr. Sciencenerd is good at something" she said as he glared at her.

     Class ended after a boring lesson about different cameras to use for different photos. "Lunch yes!" He yelled throwing his hands into the air as she stifled a laugh. "You are such a child" she laughed out as he placed his hands on his hips. "Is that a problem?" He said looking down and staring into her stormy grey eyes. "Like you said its lunch" she said before turning on her heel and flipping her long blonde ponytail in his face. Catching up to her they walked through the halls towards the cafeteria.

     They grabbed their lunch and sat at their usual table with everyone else. "Who are you going to the Halloween Dance with Artemis?" Megan asked sitting on the other side of the blonde. She shrugged and took a sip of her water. "Not going" she said as Megan and Zatanna gasped in shock. Artemis gave them weird look's until Zee smirked evilly. "Your not going to the dance Wally so why don't you two just go together?" Zee asked as Wally almost choked on his cheeseburger.

     "Yeah girl I mean both of you have no one to go with so just go with each other" Roquette said with a sly smirk on her face. "I mean if Arty wants to go then sure I'll go with her" he said shrugging before he took another bite out of his cheeseburger. "Fine" she growled as he nearly choked once again. It was one thing asking her but for her to agree to go was crazy! "So Roquette when are you going dress shopping?" Artemis said leaning against her hand. Roquette looked at Kaldur as he shrugged. "Guy's the wedding isn't until the summer" she reminded them as the girls laughed.

     School was utterly boring in Artemis's opinion as she let a relieved sigh out when the bell rang signaling the end of the school day. Walking to her locker she put her binders away and locked it. The girls got to ride the cars back which was nice. Unfortunately right after they left it began to pour rain outside. "Artemis!" Jade yelled from upstairs as she groaned and stomped up the stairs. "Does this look good?" Her sister asked as Artemis literally face palmed. "Its maternity clothes Jade they're not supposed to look nice" she reminded her sister who was now five months pregnant.

     The babies room was still a work and progress. Roy walked up the stairs and into his and Jade's room. "You ready?" He asked as Artemis raised an eyebrow. "Oh Roy and I are going to an appointment to check on the baby" she said rubbing her tummy as Artemis rolled her eyes and left the room. It was the weekend and it was raining so she picked up her phone while looking at the colourless baby room. "Hello?" Wally said as she smirked. "Get your ass over here and help me paint" she said before hanging up.

     She changed into an old white T-shirt and jean shorts as she put her hair into a messy bun. The doorbell rang as she hurried down the stairs and opened the door. He walked in and took his wet jacket off. "So what do you need that requires my help?" He asked as she pointed to the paint cans by the stairs. "I have to paint the babies room and I knew you had nothing to do so I called" she said picking up a paint can and walking up the stairs to the empty, colourless room. He carried the rest up as she set the plastic out on the floor so no paint would get on the hardwood.

     Sitting on the floor she opened the paint cans and poured the paints into their respected trays. "And now we paint" she said picking up a paint brush and dipping it in the bright red paint. "So why is the paint red anyways?" He asked from the other side of the room. "I don't its different I guess" she said shrugging as paint from the brush dripped onto her cheek. "Dammit I got paint on my face!" She yelled trying to rub it off but all it did was smudge. He turned around and covered his mouth to muffle his laugh.