Chapter 3

Jake and I had been on three dates in the last two weeks and it's been amazing. We went for coffee at Starbucks, walked in the park, went to the zoo one day and then today we were going to the beach. Which meant Jake, shirtless.

I had decided I wanted to wear a red and white swim suit, not a bikini just yet since I'm still trying to flatten my stomach more than it was and was a bit self-conscious.

"Hello." I smiled walking out my front door and shutting the door. I wore my jean shorts and white flowery shirt over my swim suit. 

Jake looked hot as usual, wearing white board shorts and a dark blue flannel. "Hey, gorgeous." He said, taking my bag as I reached the bottom of the front steps.

We hugged for a few seconds and then headed to the car, driving down to the beach in his lovely car.

"Holy moly it's freezing." He said getting out the car when we arrived at the beach. I laughed and opened my door, stepping onto the sand with my flip flops. I helped Jake grab the picnic blanket and my bag while he carried the picnic basket and volleyball. It was super windy outside, making our hair blow around.

We found a spot under a tree to put our things and started setting up the blanket and picnic basket and pillows. I placed down my bag and smiled up at the sky. It was so calming just being there and soaking in the sun, hearing all the cute kids laugh and play.

Jake laughed softly, coming up behind me and hugging my waist. I laughed a bit before turning around and facing him. "Should we go swim?" I asked looking into his brown eyes. He nodded and walked to the blanket, starting to remove his shirt. Which of course made my heart beat so fast. He removed his shirt and his six pack abs showed off. I smiled quickly and removed my clothes before he saw me staring.

I walked by the water, starting to tie up my hair then I looked back at him. He just gazed at me, smiling for a few minutes as we locked eyes. I finished tying up my hair and placed my toes in the water. It was freezing.

We swam for about 30 minutes together then we decided to dry off and eat our lunch. We just talked about our families and what had happened at work during the week. I genuinely loved spending my time with Jake. "And your sister's name is?" He asked, taking a bite of his cheese sandwich. "Poppy." I answered, then I took a sip of my pepsi.

"I have got to tell you, I have never ever heard quite a name like that before." He laughed softly. "Yeah I know it is very unique I guess." I laughed along.

We watched the children play together while we ate for a few minutes and decided to play a game of volleyball in the water. Of course Jake is perfect at everything, even interacting with children because he started playing with them too. He is perfection.

Complete and utter perfection.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had spent the whole day together at the beach this summer Sunday which was perfect but I decided to invite him inside my flat for some tea or cake with me and my friend Dawn. Plus they could meet, again.

I unlocked the front door, letting us both in. We walked inside and removed our shoes then Jake shut the door behind us. "Dawn I'm home!" I yelled as we walked up the steps and into the living room. Dawn came running from her room excitedly.

She stopped suddenly and gasped. "Liv holy crap balls. You invited the beautiful human being into our home?!" She asked loudly, running to me for a hug. I laughed and hugged her back. "How was your day?" I asked, sitting on the couch and patting the seat next to me for Jake to sit. Dawn still stood, in front of us.

We listened to her talk about many crying customers at the store for so fricken long before she offered to make us some coffee and tea. We obviously said yes please and she ran along to make us some. Finally alone.

I smiled at him next to me, the lighting hit is face perfectly. "You looked amazing in that swimming suit." He stated, then winked at me. "You looked hot in your swimming suit too." I laughed. "Loved the touch of the six pack."

Jake smiled and leaned in slowly. Holy moly was this it....our first kiss.

I leaned in closer, letting his lips touch mine and we began kissing each other softly, my hand on his bicep and his on my jawline. It felt right, and it felt like fireworks. Of course my stomach was exploding of happiness after the kiss.

We smiled at each other for a long time after Dawn brought our drinks. I really think I could start a future with Jake. I really do.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------