Chapter 37

Jake decided that he would invite Isabella over for dinner when we hadn't talked in months and now he expects us to be bffs. I kissed her boyfriend...she won't forgive me.

"Just give her a chance." Jake said, we were setting the table with plates and cutlery.

"Jake I haven't talked to her in forever and now she's pregnant with your baby girl and I kissed her boyfriend." I sighed.

"Actually he kissed you and I'm sure she will forgive you, she's having my baby. You and I are getting married soon and she will see a lot of you."

I nodded and finished setting the table, I walked back to the kitchen and continued to cook.

"What exactly are we having?" He asked.

"Butternut Chilli, don't worry it tastes better then it smells babe." I laughed, stirring the Chilli.

Jake and I sent out the Save The Date cards, we picked the flowers and the cake and Dawn has fixed my dress but she is apparently adding finishing touches.

That's what we have done for the wedding and it's in 5 months! So duh we have to get moving. I arranged a day with Dawn and my mother to help me plan some more things for the wedding. Jake already picked his best man and groomsmen.

His best man is Oliver of course. And the groomsmen consist of:

Patrick
Jayden
Jackson

So we have a good bunch of people. Jake made up with Jayden over text so hopefully the wedding doesn't fall apart when they see each other in person. I saw him at work the other day and he just ignored me. Like sorry that you kissed me?

Anyways, back to the current day.

"Oh Isabella is here." I told Jake. I looked out the kitchen window at her while Jake went to wait at the door. She wore a black flowy dress, a necklace and flats. Her belly was quite big, making everything more real.

There was a knock at the door and Jake quickly opened it extending his arms. I breathed in sharply and exhaled softly. They hugged and then came into the house. I looked over at her and she looked at me like she was waiting for me to do something.

"Hi." I spoke.

"Hey." Isabella answered.

"Come on in, you look lovely."

She walked over to the kitchen, watching where she was going and she hugged me. I felt her big belly against my flat one.

"I missed you so much." She said.

I smiled and nodded. "I missed you too, how are you?" I asked, leaving Jake to cook while us two walked into the lounge to talk on the couch.

"I'm okay, being pregnant sucks but I'm having a baby girl so that makes me happy."

"Ya! You've always wanted a baby girl." I smiled.

"Can I?" I asked, pointing to her belly. She removed her coat and placed it beside her. "Of course."

I extended my hand and placed it on her belly. I held it there and my eyes widened when I felt a movement. "Oh my lord." I said softly, moving my hand away but putting it back afterwards.

"Yeah she has just begun to kick now, phew it's bitter sweet." She laughed.

I smiled and took my hand away. "So, you and Jake are getting married?!"

"Yes!!" I smiled widely.

"That's amazing I'm so happy for you two."

"Haha, I was wondering....would you like to be one of my bridesmaids??" I asked, looking in her eyes.

"Oh...I might not fit in a dress. Your wedding is close to my due date so...."

"Okay, um well we can get you a special size??"

"I will think about it okay?" She smiled, I nodded and got up.

"Would you like a drink?"

"Yeah, can I have water please?"

I nodded and walked to the kitchen where Jake was stirring the food. I grabbed a glass and poured water from the brita filter in, then I walked back to Isabella and handed her the cup.

"Here we go."

"Thank you." She smiled.

-
Dinner with Isabella was interesting/awkward but we got through it. Thankfully it was over though because not sure how much I could handle in one day.

"I didn't tell you how pretty you looked today by the way." Jake told me.

I looked up from doing the dishes at his face next to me. "Aw thank you baby." I smiled, blushing a bit.

"Ever since you found out about Isabella and I things have been awkward. I don't really want it to be." He started, making me turn around and face him.

"Me either."

"Let's try and fix it? How about I come with you, Dawn and your mother to plan the wedding when you guys arrange to have it."

I nodded. "That sounds great, now I'm going to change into pjs and head to bed cause I'm exhausted."

"Okay same, let me just finish these dishes." He told me, I nodded and walked to our bedroom.

I dressed into my nightie, turning on the bathroom light and putting off all the bedroom lights to make it darker. Jake came in the room a few minutes later while I sat on our bed, leaning up against the pillows and reading my book.

"What's up sweet cheeks?" He joked, slipping off his clothes and changing into other boxers.

I laughed. "Reading."

He walked to the bed, got under the covers and grabbed his book beside the bed, opening it and starting to read.

We lay there that night reading until 12am.