Chapter 59

"When did you find out?" I asked my big sister the next morning, she had slept over because Oliver and her were having a rough time last night.

She looked down at her coffee mug, clearly not hearing what I had just asked. "Poppy?"

She looked up, with a depressing look on her face. "Yeah?" she answered me.

I borrowed her my grey knitted turtle neck sweater today, she said she wanted something comfortable to wear. To be honest, she looked better in it than me...

"When did you find out you were pregnant?"

"Oh...um yesterday morning."

I nodded, curling a faint smile quickly. "Why do you seem so upset about having a baby? You look like you're a teenager who just found out she is pregnant." I joked a bit.

Poppy looked back up at me, shaking her head. "Liv. I wanted to have a baby when I was ready and married. Not now."

"Life happens Poppy. You and Oliver love each other. You don't have to be married to have a baby."

"I wanted to be like you and Jake when I was really ready to begin trying for a baby. This was a huge mistake."

"Well this huge mistake will be your baby in 9 and a half months Pops. Make the best out of this bad situation. You guys are having a baby woo!!" I cheered softly, smiling.

Poppy nodded. "Soon I will have a baby..." A familiar look appeared on her face. One I had known all too much.

"Poppy... I know that look. You have an idea. Don't you dare tell me that you are going to get an abortion!"

She gasped, turning her attention back towards me. "Olivia! I would never do that. How dare you even say that. It brings back so many memories. You know what, I should go. Yep I need to go."

She got up from the table, running to the front door to get her bag and preparing to leave by placing on her flats. I quickly ran after my sister, shouting.

"Poppy come back here! I'm sorry I brought that up but you need to talk to me or somebody else!"

I grew tears in my eyes. "Don't do anything stupid Poppy. You are having a baby. Your very own baby."

My sister looked back at me with a worried look before exiting out my front door. I watched her get in her car and drive away.

She better not do anything irresponsible.

-The Next day, Poppy's POV-

Olivia was right, I am having my very own baby and I really just need to make the best of it. Maybe in a few years I will look back and be grateful.

Oliver would be a good dad, if he quit his bad smoking habit.

Yesterday Liv told me not to do anything stupid, Of course I listened and didn't but I decided I would head back home and tell Oliver I wanted him to stop smoking.

He wasn't home until 12am though so I couldn't. What was he doing?

Last night I was way too tired to even ask my boyfriend about his outings. I just went to bed and decided to tell him this morning.

"Morning." His raspy voice echoed in our small apartment kitchen. I turned my attention from the blender to him.

"Hey. How did you sleep?" I asked.

He smiled, walking to the kettle and boiling the water. "Fine, and you?"

I nodded, turning on the blender before answering him. "I slept well." Things were awkward while I poured my Strawberry smoothie.

Oliver just stood in the kitchen rubbing his eyes whilst I drank my healthy smoothie.

"So um I have to ask you something later... wake up first and go shower then we'll talk." I told him as I exited out of the kitchen to go watch Dance Moms.

-
"Okay I am awake! I am ready to go what is it you wanted to ask me babe?" Oliver walked into the living room.

I paused my show, turning to face Oliver who was standing by the entrance as I sat on our blue sofa.

I cleared my voice before speaking. "So I have accepted that we...um that we are having a baby. I'm okay with it and I really need you to be there for me...."

"Of course Poppy. I'm here always. I love you." He came closer and sat next to me on the couch. We faced each other.

"And I need you to stop one thing before we start all of this." I continued talking.

"Which would be?"

I looked at him in his sweet blue eyes. "I need you to stop smoking. That's what I really need."

He got up, walking back and forth which was his way of taking something in.

"Okay...I have to. For our baby and for you."

"And for you Oliver."

He nodded.

I stood up, walking over to go hug my boyfriend. We hugged for a while. "We can do this right....?"

I felt his head nod on my shoulder. "We can do this Poppy."

"Let's do it."