Chapter 38

baby bumps.

Isabella's is pretty big now, Jake and her went shopping yesterday to get some newborn clothing and accessories. Dawn and I decided that we would throw her a baby shower with the help of Isabella's mom tomorrow. Which meant that we had to invite everybody today.

Stressful.

I sent out a group email to all of our work friends, Isabella's family and Jake's family. Jake told his parents yesterday and they rolled their eyes apparently. I overheard him on FaceTime with them last night and they were shouting at him. He came into the bedroom afterwards and complained to me about how rude they were but he invited his mom to the baby shower anyways.

"So how do these baby showers work? No boys allowed?" Jake asked while he helped me ice the cupcakes I was making for tomorrow's event.

"No boys." I laughed and added some sprinkles on some of the cupcakes. "Where is the baby going to be staying?" I asked Jake.

"Well Isabella told me that she would like the baby to live with her for the first few weeks and then we can switch back and forth every week."

"Like a divorced couple?" He nodded, getting quiet. "I'm sorry it's like this." I told him.

"It's okay, I'm genuinely happy with you Liv and I love you. Only you. I want to be with you."

I smiled and we continued to ice the cupcakes.

-The Next Day-

twenty.

That is the number of guests that arrived at my house this Sunday at noon. Some from Jake's family, some from Isabella's and many friends from work and just friends in general.

I asked Isabella to come over today at one o'clock to help sort out the nursery with Jake and I, but secretly we had planned this baby shower. I asked all of the guests to park in the underground parking by the mall down the street so Isabella wouldn't see.

"Welcome, come on in!" I welcomed some of the guests in; many were inside already just chatting and eating food that Dawn set out on the dining room table.

I shut the front door, looking down at my watch to see the time. 12:47pm. Isabella would arrive soon and hopefully all the guests have arrived now.

The presents were set on the ground in the living room where our four couches sat and where many women were sitting. The table was filled with food and drinks in the kitchen as well as the dining room table. Other women were out in the small back yard sipping drinks and talking about Isabella and their children.

I stood in the kitchen with Dawn who was supposed to be looking out the window for Isabella. "Dawn take your drink and stand by the front window." I instructed, laughing at her, she stuffed her mouth full of sausage rolls and quickly walked down the hallway.

Soon enough Dawns voice sounded from the front door, yelling. "She's here!"

All the women ran toward the back yard where I instructed them to stand until I say the magic words; which were "Come on in and let's get you a drink."

Dawn ran to the back yard with the other ladies whilst I ran to the front door, I heard a car door slam shut and smiled when she rung the doorbell seconds later. "Hey!" I smiled, opening the door to Isabella who was wearing a long-sleeved grey shirt with sweatpants. "Hi how's it going?" She asked, coming inside and removing her shoes carefully.

"Great! Come on in and let's get you a drink." I announced the magic words, we walked into the kitchen and immediately all the women jumped out the back yard door and yelled "Surprise!"

Isabella looked at them with wide eyes and then smiled. "Behold your baby shower." I turned to look at her.
-
"Okay okay open the next one!" Her mother ordered after Isabella opened her fourth present. All the women watched her, standing or sitting around the living room couches.

She tore through the wrapping paper and revealed tons of baby clothing. "Awww." We all gushed when she held the baby clothes up for everybody to see.

"Okay open mine." I handed her my huge present, It was as big as a television box. She smiled and began opening it.

"A crib!" She said loudly and smiled. "For the baby at your house. Jake told me you liked this one when you went browsing the other day so thought I would get you it." I told her and she stood up to hug me.

The baby shower had gone just as planned, by the end of the evening we ended it off with some karaoke.

Because why not have a little bit of fun?