Chapter 36

It's been 2 days since I found out about Isabella's pregnancy. Jake told me that it had happened when we were split up but now he's going to be a father...?

I eventually wanted to have children with Jake but he's going to have one from another woman as well? I still want to marry him but I don't know if I can handle him being a father to someone else's baby.

And Isabella of all people??

We hadn't spoken for months and now she shows up, claiming that she's four months pregnant and the baby is Jake's.

It's total crap.

-Jake's POV-
Liv has done great with the news of the pregnancy, she has been keeping herself busy with the wedding planning but she has been distant from me. Which is okay, she just found out I'm going to be a father.

Oh my god....

I'm going to be a father. I don't even know how to be a father. What will my parents say?? My mother is going to kill me oh my god.

"So, um what have you and Dawn planned so far?" I asked Liv while we sat at the dinner table eating salad.

"Well so far we have mailed the Save The Date cards that you and I made yesterday and the day before, we have picked the flowers, we have picked the cake, and my dress is getting re-designed tomorrow."

"Wow that's a lot, good job."

"I don't think you really care about what the flowers and cake look like do you?" She laughed.

"No, as long as we get married and I get to eat the cake then I'm fine with anything."

She grinned and we began talking about our day at work, then we watched Modern Family in silence.

"Okay what is this awkward silence all about?" I sighed. Liv paused the show and looked at me.

"I don't know Jake what is it?" She said sarcastically.

"Seriously."

"Fine, I don't know what it's about but it's really awkward right now!" She began talking loudly.

"Okay why are you shouting now? I just asked a question."

"Jake, you're having a baby with another girl while I sit here planning the wedding that you're clearly not invested in."

"Sorry that right now the wedding is not my top priority!" I shouted, getting angry. We have never fought like this before and I just don't want to. "I am interested in the wedding but Isabella is having a baby and all I can think about is her."

"What the hell does that mean?!" She stood up from the couch.

"I mean, all I can fricken think about is my baby is inside of her stomach and in 5 months I'm going to have a son or daughter!"

We stopped fighting suddenly when tears began to form in my eyes. "Jake...." Liv started, coming to hug me.

"I hate fighting Liv, I love you so  much and I wanted my first baby to be yours but it's not going to be and all I can worry about right now is being a father."

She wiped my tears away as they fell, holding my cheek and sitting on my lap. "I love you Jake, and I think I'm angry about the whole Isabella situation. I wanted to have your first baby too but it's okay. We can work this out baby. I love you." She kissed my lips after she spoke.

I held her tightly. "I never want to lose you Liv." I said.

"You won't babe." She kissed my forehead.
-
After the whole fiasco that happened last night, Liv and I decided we were way overdue for a date so today were going on a picnic in the park.

I couldn't make it to the ultrasound with Isabella yesterday so she said she would text me what happened but she hasn't yet.

I packed the picnic basket full of food, drinks and a blanket just like one of our first dates at the beach. Liv looked stunning that day..as always.

"Morning beautiful ready for our little date later?" I asked as Liv walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah! What shall we make for breakfast?" She asked.

"How about I make toast and eggs while you shower?" I suggested. Liv nodded and walked to the bathroom.

"Wait how do I boil an egg again....?" I asked myself.
-
"You're adorable." I laughed at Liv who was dancing along to music playing on her phone.

I took my phone out and took a video on snapchat, posting it to my story.

"Okay I'm tired." She laughed after a few minutes and came to sit next to me again.

My phone buzzed as we ate grapes and listened to her music.

'New message from Isabella.'

"Hey Jake, sorry I haven't texted I was at my parents. My mom has been helping me a lot during this pregnancy. Have you told Liv yet? Also, the ultrasound revealed that we have a happy, healthy....baby girl!!"

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed.

Liv looked over at me. "What?" She laughed and took my phone to read the message.

"Aw omg it's a girl!" She smiled and hugged me.

Suddenly everything became so clear and surreal. Holy crap....

I'm having a baby girl...