Chapter 10

5sos's 'Good Girl' played through my earphones as I walked to the movie theatre doors from my car, it was raining softly as my feet trotted along the sidewalk. I looked up from the floor to see Jake waving at the front of the cinema with a giddy smile on his face.

My face immediately lit up as I ran towards him, taking out my earphones. When I reached him I gave him a huge hug that lasted about 2 minutes. It had been 5 days since I last saw his face in person because work had been so hectic.

"Babe I missed your beautiful face." He told me as our hands intertwined. We walked into the theatre hand in hand and approached the front desk. "Two adult tickets to see Mockingjay Part 2." He told the clerk. The tall teenage boy typed into the computer and asked for a points card as Jake handed it to him.

We paid for the tickets and went to get a popcorn combo. I was super excited to see this movie because my friend Gabriella from work recommended it and showed me the trailer. She is a super fan and has tons of posters on her bedroom walls of the series.

After we got our seats the previews immediately started and Jake smiled. I looked at him as he watched the television screen, his eyes darting back and forth to look at an object on tv. He turned his head and looked at me, his mouth creeped a smile and he leaned in to kiss my cheek. "You're shivering." He told me shocked. I shrugged and placed a piece of popcorn into my mouth. Jake ripped his jacket off and placed it over me and smiled. "Thank you." I laughed.

The previews ended about ten minutes later and the movie started playing, I turned my head and looked at the big screen taking a handful of popcorn from the popcorn box held in Jake's lap. Immediately as the movie started, Jake had his arm wrapped around my shoulder as we shared the popcorn.

-
"No come on, seriously? That's the end?!" Jake asked with a shocked voice. I nodded and drank a sip of my juice while we walked out the theatre doors. "They should make a new one because I know for sure I would go see it." He told me as we walked hand-in-hand to his car.

"Come on you shouldn't take the bus like you did getting here, let me drive you home." Jake insisted and smiled. "Okay thank you." I responded and got into the passengers seat, buckling my belt. Jake opened his car door and sat in the drivers seat, buckling his seatbelt and starting up the car. I reached over to the radio and changed the radio station to my favourite one, it played one of my favourite songs and I couldn't help but sing.

"I don't mind spending every day
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
And she will be loved
And she will be loved."

I continued singing the lyrics to 'she will be loved' and Jake looked over to me in awe. I stopped singing, thinking I was out of tune or something and looked at him. "What?" I asked, turning down the radio.

"It's just...." He began to say. "You're amazing at singing. Holy..." He told me as we stopped at a stop street. I laughed a little at his comment. My cheeks suddenly began to blush.

"Keep singing." He told me.

I hesitated for a bit but then began singing along with the lyrics. "Wait isn't this the song that Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth sang together in 'the last song'?" He asked, looking at me for a second and then back at the road.

"Oh my lord how do you know that? I would never think you were a guy who watched romantic movies." I bursted out in laughter.

"Well hey, my ex made me watch it with her." He scoffed.

"Tell me about your ex." I insisted.

Jake breathed in quickly and looked at me with an 'um ok' look. He pulled up and parked in front of my apartment, the rain poured on the rooftop of the car and you could hear it as he turned off the car. "Well, her name was Savannah." He started, looking at me in the eyes.

"We were only about 19 when this was happening, but yeah she had been my girlfriend for about a year and half. We were both in love with each other but one day that all changed, I wasn't the only guy she was in love with and she took advantage of that and cheated on me." His eyes began tearing up. "I asked her to marry me, because we were in love you know. She said yes and then on our wedding day I found her in a room with my cousin Jim."

My eyes grew wide as he wiped away a tear and sniffed. "Oh my god....Jake I'm so sorry that happened...." I reached out and hugged him after taking off my seatbelt. We sat there in the car hugging while the rain poured down the windows of his car.

I had never felt so bad for him. Ever.