Chapter 44

(A.N: the last chapter was kinda irrelevant. It was just kinda showing how cute their relationship is lmao but anyways enjoy!)

"Once upon a time, there lived a princess named Snow White." I heard Jake's voice sound from the living room the night we were getting ready for our party.

New years party to be exact.

I wandered into the living room to see Jake reading aloud from a storybook to Isabella's tummy.

I couldn't help but smile at how cute he was. Except the jealousy came weighing in and I thought about how badly I wanted to be Isabella right now.

Pregnant with his baby. A baby girl.

I turned around and walked back to our bedroom. Isabella came almost every week for dinner because Jake wanted to be kept in the loop.

I understand that he wants to see Isabella and check on how everything is going but enough is enough. Which is why I'm glad that tonight we were off for a night of fun.

Isabella headed home and said her goodbyes while we smiled and waved her off, Jake actually meaning his smile. Mine was not genuine which is super rude considering that Isabella is my friend but we had grown apart.

In a bad way.

My thoughts slipped away when Jake's hand touched my shoulder and I looked up, shocked and smiled.

"Hey beautiful, ready for the party?"

I nodded and we headed out the front door as soon as Jake collected his wallet from the bedroom.

We had gotten dressed before Isabella came thankfully because we were already a bit late for the big event.

"Your dress is stunning, you are stunning." My fiancée told me in the car, driving to the party.

I blushed and smiled, looking at how handsome he looked. "Thank you baby, you look dashing."

"I have no idea what that means but thank you." He chuckled loudly.

We listened to Adele on the radio heading down the highway to his friends house. Dawn, Jackson, Poppy and Oliver texted earlier saying they were all carpooling together to the party and they would all meet us there.

"So do you think that anything is going on between Dawn and Jackson?" I asked, making a conversation.

Jake's eyes widened while he concentrated on the traffic. "Well no, Is something happening between them?"

"Well they were chatting a lot during Christmas and now Jackson is carpooling with them?? He barely knows the three. Unless he knows Dawn...."

"Oh yeah, I should ask him."

"Are you okay if they were to date?"

"Yeah totally but like I never thought he would go for a girl like Dawn." He suddenly added.

"What does that mean?"

"No babe, I'm not saying anything bad about Dawn. I'm trying to say that usually Jackson goes for the bad girl types..maybe he has changed."

"Well that would be good."

"I think so too."

-
Booming music, flashing lights and a messy front yard is what we pulled up to at the party. You could practically hear every word of the song from down the street.

"Jesus, I'm surprised the cops haven't come!" Jake yelled over the loud music as got out the parked car.

I nodded and we walked in the big front doors together. "Holy....."

My eyes were widened when the front doors opened. Dozens of people filled the halls and rooms of the house. Jake and I held hands, trying to get through the pools of people and find our friends.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and quickly turned around to see my best friends face. "Aw Dawn! Hey!" I tried to speak over the noise.

She smiled and gestured for the two of us to follow her up the stairs of the house. The music was still loud but upstairs it was quieter and you could hear people speaking.

We followed Dawn into a room down the hall upstairs where our friends sat on a bed, drinking and laughing.

"Hey guys!!" Oliver stood up, stumbling towards us and hugged Jake tightly. Jake looked at me with a 'oh my lord' face and I just giggled. Clearly Oliver was drunk already.

Classic.

"Let's go party!!!" Jackson grabbed both of our hands and lead us towards the dance floor downstairs.

Oliver, Poppy and Dawn followed us down the stairs and to the living room. We danced and drank all night until it was time for the final seconds of 2016.

"10, 9, 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1....0! Happy New Year!" The crowd shouted, counting along to the clock in the huge living room.

I turned to face Jake and his handsome face shined blue from the glowing lights above our heads.

"Happy New Year baby." My love said and leaned in to place his lips on mine.