Chapter 70

-Dawn's POV-

Heartbreak: a very strong feeling of sadness, disappointment.

All I could think of what to do was drink. Drink until I'm wasted, until I forget about our time together. So I sat there in Heddie's Bar drinking beer and listening to other drunk, sad people talk about their past mistakes.

"What's wrong pret-tty lady?" I heard a male voice stutter behind me. I turned around, locking eyes with a stranger.

"Nothing." I answered, turning back around and sipping my beer.

He moved on to another woman, making me roll my eyes and continue drinking. I drank till I could barely walk and at that moment I decided to leave the crowded bar and go somewhere. I could hear the rain pouring outside.

I walked to my friend's apartment, or what I thought was her apartment. I walked up the stairs up to a door and knocked loudly.

Hearing the door unlock, I giggled at the thought that I didn't know where the hell I was. The door quickly swung open, frightening me. I squinted my eyes to see if this was actually real.

"Dawn?"

I leaned against the wall, my dampened hair scrunched up and fell down my shoulders.

"Ellloooo!" I spoke loudly, giggling.

"Why are you here and-" Jayden stopped speaking and sniffed close to me. "-You're drunk." He finished.

I nodded, laughing.

"Come inside, I will make you some coffee then take you home." His voice sounded annoyed. He reached out to grab my hand and I placed mine in his.

I walked inside his house, still holding his hand. He shut the door behind me and walked with me to the kitchen.

"Lay down on the couch while I make you coffee." Jayden ordered.

"Why are you so bossy Jayden?" I giggled and let go of his hand in order to walk to the couch.

"Why are you so drunk Dawn?" He copied me.

I sighed and jumped on the couch, shutting my eyes and sniffing. A few minutes later, I heard Jayden place my coffee down on the table in front of me.

"Here let me put a pillow under your neck." He whispered, making me open my eyes.

I sat up, coming close to his face. I smiled softly and looked down then back up. He placed the pillow under my neck and pushed me to lay back down.

"You're funny." I stated as he walked away,

He turned back to look at me. "And why's that?"

I stood up and walked over to him. "You think you're better than everyone. Why is that?"

"I do not, That's a complete lie." He got a bit angry.

"No, it's a true fact. You mister-" I placed my finger on his chest. "-You are an arrogant man!" I shouted a bit.

I heard his breath breathe in heavily and out, he sounded annoyed and angry. "Aw did I make Mr. Arrogant upset?" I snickered.

"You're so annoying!" He shook his head, raising his voice more.

"No you are!"

"No you are!" He yelled.

"No you are!" I yelled at him, repeating it.

Suddenly I felt his lips on mine.

-Olivia's POV-

I hadn't talked to Poppy for a few weeks, which made me super upset because I miss my sister.

We're close.

"Why don't you just talk to her babe?" Jake asked as we prepared to go to bed, thankfully I didn't have a night shift this week.

"Okay I will go over to their house tomorrow night." I told my husband.

"Sounds good, You will be home for dinner though right?" He asked me. I nodded, smiling and climbing into our bed.

"Ahh so comfy." Jake breathed out with a happy sigh. I laughed, turning off my light and curling up next to Jake. He reached to place his arm over my body and rested his hand on my waist.

"Goodnight." I whispered, kissing his neck since it was the closest thing to me. I was quite comfy and didn't want to move.

"Night baby." Jake kissed the top of my head and adjusted his grip on me.

Times like this, I'm so very thankful for my life and husband. I'm always thankful actually. I just need to learn to appreciate small things in life more than the big things.