Chapter 58

"W-what?" You're pregnant?" My eyes widened once again at the thought of Poppy being....with child. God dammit I can't even say the word.

"I'm pregnant Oliver." She repeated, making me breathe in sharply. A whiff of emotions streamed inside me. What the hell is happening? I wondered to myself.

"And it's my baby?" I asked for clarification.

"Of course it's your baby Oliver! What kind of question is that?!" She answered angrily, wiping her tears that had stopped streaming now.

I hesitated for a second then angrily walked out the house, outside to the passageway balcony. I had no shirt on but I really didn't give a crap. I'm going to be a father? How did this happen?

I breathed in, trying to calm myself before tears would start streaming down my face. I heard my mother's voice in my head now, telling me about protection. "Darling, remember. Birth control and condoms are not always 100% protective. Don't have sex before marriage unless you're looking to have a baby." she told me when I was about 16 years old.

Of course like a good son I listened to her then but now? Look what I did.

Reaching into my jeans pocket, I grabbed a box of cigarettes, lighting one and beginning to inhale the heavenly smoke. Thoughts just kept running through my mind.

Why did this happen to me?

After 25 minutes out on the balcony I came to a realization while smoking. My girlfriend is the one who is pregnant right now. For the very first time and there was a reason she was crying. She's scared and she needs me; I told myself.

I threw the cigarette over the railing, placing my box back in my jean pocket and walked back to my apartment. The door was still open like I had left it when I stormed out. "Babe?" I called out.

I heard muffled cries coming from the bedroom so I began walking up the stairs to where I heard the noise. "Babe?" I said, stepping foot into our bedroom where Poppy lay on our bed crying next to a pillow.

I walked over to the right side of the bed, climbing in and embracing my girlfriend. "Clearly you don't want to speak so I will." I started, stroking her back with my hands to calm her down. "I love you Poppy Williams. And i'm sorry I ran out like that it was just big news. I want you to know that i'm here and I am not going anywhere else."

"I'm here for you and our baby. Always."

- Olivia's POV-

"You want to have a baby?" I asked Jake while we stood in the kitchen.

"Yeah Liv, I do. I know it may be super early but maybe in the next few months? Possibly we could maybe start trying?" He asked.

I hesitated before speaking, wondering where this was all coming from.

"Um well I will think about it..." I answered. That's the best answer I could come up with. It's not like I could say 'Sorry Jake I don't want to have a baby until at least a year after we're married....'

"Okay, you think about it okay?" He smiled widely. "I will be here."

I looked at him, the way his eyes lit up and saw complete perfection. He wanted a baby. I want one in the future but maybe we could work something out. I could tell he really genuinely wanted a baby with me.

Of course he did, he's my husband. Why did he want one so suddenly though?

"Where is this coming from?" I asked before he exited the room.

He looked at me in my eyes and walked back over. "What do you mean?"

"This is coming all of the sudden...Why do you want a baby now? We have only been married like 2 months!"

He sighed, scratching the back of his neck. "Is it bad to want to have a baby this early?"

"Is this because of....Isabella?"

He shook his head fast but then nodded almost right afterward. "I mean, maybe?"

"Is there something happening between you two?" I frowned.

He looked up from the floor with an angry face. "Are you kidding me? Of course not! You're my wife Olivia, I am dedicated to you and I love you. We have only been married for two and a half months!"

I nodded, listening.

"Maybe you're right..."

"About?"

"Maybe it is too early..."

He embraced me quickly, kissing the top of my head while my head lay in the crook of his neck.

Suddenly a loud knock sounded from the door, startling us both.

Jake walked over, leaving me to continue cooking while he opened the door. "Poppy....What's wrong?" I heard Jake's voice. I walked over to see what was happening.

"Come on in." I gestured for her.

She walked in, coming in for a hug from me. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, rubbing her back gently.

"Yeah Pops, what's the matter?" Jake asked as well.

Poppy backed away, looking at both of us with a worried look.

"I'm pregnant."