Chapter 61

-Jake's POV-

A lot has been changing this year in 2016, it's already March. Going by so crazily fast.

What has happened so far this year:

•Liv and I have been married for a few months
•Isabella had Caroline and she's another guy's baby
•Poppy and Oliver are having a baby
•Savannah and Jayden are dating

Seriously, I could keep going on and on.

The most important thing to me that has happened so far is that Olivia and I are married. She is the best wife ever.

I wouldn't wish for anybody else in the world. Mostly because every Sunday she makes me smoothies in the morning before we go for a run together.

"Hey." I walked over to my wife while she sat cross-legged on our bed reading her book; The Fault in our Stars.

"Hi." She looked up from her book and smiled at me.

"So have you thought any more about us...having a baby?" I wondered.

"No Jake. I told you a few weeks ago, I'm not ready. We're not even ready." I climbed on our bed and sat cross-legged across from her.

"Okay, how will we be ready by the end of this year so we could start trying?"

She rolled her eyes.

"Do we have to talk about this?!" Olivia snapped, getting up and walking out the room.

"Liv! Oh my god what is going on?!" I shouted back, getting up and following her. By the time I reached the kitchen our front door slammed shut. I watched my wife climb into her Range Rover and drive away.

"What just happened?" I asked myself with a big sigh.

-4 hours later-

Liv was supposed to be back hours ago for dinner with her parents but I had to phone and cancel because she decided it was a good time to go missing.

Her parents were not very happy about the situation, making me feel embarrassed.

I decided I would call Dawn because the two are best friends obviously and best friends tell each other everything right?

Reaching beside me to the side table of the couch, I grabbed my phone and entered my password, I tapped the Phone button and called Dawn.

I sat patiently on the couch waiting for an answer.

"Hello!" Dawn's bubbly voice sounded from the other side of the call.

"Hey Dawn, Is Liv at your place?"

"No, why? What's been going on?" She responded.

"Well we had a huge fight a few hours ago and she missed the dinner we planned to have with her parents. Now she hasn't come home."

"What the hell, that's out of the ordinary. Have you texted or called her?"

"Yeah, But no answer or read texts. I'm starting to get worried Dawn." I confessed.

"Try calling Oliver. The two have been hanging out lately without me because I have been busy at work. He might know."

"Okay thanks." I said then hung up and pressed call on Oliver's name. It rung for a few minutes as I sipped my coffee on our couch.

"Jake, Hey." He answered the phone.

"Hey Oliver. Have you spoken to Liv today? She isn't answering texts or phone calls and we had a huge fight before she left earlier. I'm starting to get worried. She even skipped dinner with her parents!"

He chuckled on the other end.

"Dude. You need to give her space okay? Sounds like she is getting super stressed from all the nagging and constant...well you."

"Oh."

"Yeah, give her some space for a bit. But for now she's at the farm where her and Poppy used to sneak out and run in the tall grass. Will tell you the name and address after I ask Poppy."

"Oh my god, thank you. How do you know she's there?"

"She always goes there when she is upset, don't you know that dude?" he scoffed.

"Um...no. Yes send me the address and thank you." I hung up right after I spoke.

-
I pulled up into the farm driveway, spotting Liv's car automatically. She had headphones in, clearly blasting music.

I stepped out my car after parking next to hers, shutting my door softly behind me so she wouldn't be frightened.

I looked over at my wife, she sat cross-legged and stared into the distance at the never-ending fields of farm plots.

I do need to give her space. But not tonight.

Stepping over the fence and walking to sit next to her I was nervous but I knew we had to definitely talk.

She looked up at me frightened at first but then looked back where she was looking as I sat down.

She removed her headphones and continued staring.

"I'm sorry, for making you feel trapped or like you're suffocating." I muttered, looking at her as she looked away.

"You don't make me feel trapped, I'm just stressed lately..." She sighed.

I nodded, understanding.

"Yeah."

"So much has happened in the last few months I just feel overwhelmed, you know?"

"Me too, I just thought that those were other people's problems and we should worry about us. Our marriage."

"You're right, We should."

"Good, I'm glad you understand."

"I do, and a lot has been going on in my life not just other people's and yes I should focus about my life. Our life. The truth is-"

"I don't care. I will stop nagging you until you are ready to have a baby. I just felt like we were getting left behind with all that is happening with Oliver and Poppy. Even Isabella."

"Jake, Listen to me."

"Oh sorry, yeah?"

"The truth is." She started.

"Yes?"

"I'm pregnant."