Chapter 76

-Olivia's POV-

After seeing that first house I called Poppy that night and apologized to her about everything. I let her know that no matter what, I'm always here. We made up and are having dinner tonight in fact, with the whole family. Jake has surgeries tonight booked up so I will be hosting a big dinner alone at our house.

Jake's parents are coming and so is Patrick along with my two parents, Poppy, and Oliver. I'm hoping Jake will finish earlier than expected and be able to make it back for dinner or at least dessert.

Poppy decided she would be coming early to help me set up and just spend more time with me alone. We could relate together about our pregnancies so far.

I pre-heated the oven before I started baking cookies for dessert tonight. I had already made lasagna, salad and sausage rolls for tonight.

While I was mixing all my ingredients together, the front doorbell rang. I smiled, realizing that it was probably Poppy. I carried the bowl and spoon with me while I went to open the door.

"Hi!" I greeted my big sister at our door with a generous smile. "Sorry I can't hug you, mixing here." I laughed and left her to take off her shoes and close the door.

"Hi Liv, ooh cookies. Yum!" My sister shut the door and I walked back to the kitchen to put the dough onto my cookie sheet.

As I scooped dough onto the pan, Poppy followed me upstairs to our kitchen after removing her white flats. "How are you?" I asked.

"Today I'm much better. Nausea has subsided thank the lord."

"I can't believe you were throwing up that much, I haven't had that much morning sickness. Just at some unwanted times."

"Oh yeah. I know, I think it's beginning to slow down as I'm moving through my pregnancy. How has yours been?" My sister asked.

"Great so far. Sometimes puking and fatigue lately. Everything has been fine so far. I love being pregnant and knowing that I'm holding my child inside me."

"Whoa deep." Poppy started laughing, making me giggle along.

I finished placing the dough on the pan and placed it into my pre-heated oven and set a timer. "So anything I can do?"

I shook my head and boiled the kettle on my counter. Grabbing two cups, I placed them down and got the tea ready. "Chamomile?" I asked.

Poppy nodded with a smile and opened my fridge, grabbing milk and handing me the carton. "Thanks." I took it from her and poured a bit in our mugs.

"So have you talked to Savannah lately?" I asked my sister.

"No, have you?" She responded. I poured the boiled water and mixed our tea with a spoon.

"No, that's why I asked. Do you know what happened with Jayden and Dawn?"

My sister shook her head as I handed her her mug. "Thanks, and no what has happened now?" She asked as the two of us walked to my living room to chat.

We sat down on my couch and began gossiping again. "Dawn got drunk and slept with Jayden. Then Dawn told Savannah and I was supposed to go shopping with Dawn but she cancelled and I haven't heard from like anybody!" I shook my head, explaining the situation. I took a big sip of tea and looked at my sister's expression.

"Wow. So much happening!" My sister's eyes grew wide and she shook her head slightly. "Life is always so complicated."

"I know. So have you spoken to both our parents lately either?" I asked another question when Poppy stopped sipping her camomile.