Chapter 43

New Years was coming up in a few days.

Jake and I planned to go with Dawn, Poppy, Oliver and Jackson to a party downtown that some friend of Jackson and Jake's was throwing.

They apparently went to high school with this guy and even though he's a grown man, he throws parties like he's still in college.

What can you do right?

But anyways, his parties are supposed to be amazing and especially on New Years the party will be great. That's why we're going.

Not because we're lame af and have nothing else to do...............shhh.

Who am I kidding, being an adult sucks. I miss being in college and going out to parties. Phew I could definitely party when I was in college. That's what got me in trouble but thankfully I grew up and started acting like an adult. Even if it sucks.

"I feel like we have so much drama in our lives." I randomly said out loud at breakfast.

Jake looked up from his plate full of hash browns and nodded. "I totally agree like seriously we should make our own tv show like Keeping Up With The Kardashians."

I laughed loudly before taking a sip of my coffee. Jake smiled at how I was laughing and continued shoving forkfuls of hash browns in his mouth.

"This should be on episode 2; Jake has suddenly decided he was too thin and is now eating us out of the house."

"Oh my gosh am I actually??" He asked shocked.

"No silly, I'm just kidding."

Jake shook his head and stood up from the table, carrying his dishes to the sink while I scrolled through my apps.

"I was thinking, since our honeymoon is in Fiji then we definitely need to get some new bathing suits and clothes don't you think?" Jake asked, placing his dishes in the sink before walking over and sitting in front of me.

I looked up from my phone at his face and he looked at me as if I should answer. "Pardon? Sorry I didn't catch that." I laughed.

He repeated himself and I nodded. "Yes I totally agree. I'm glad it's Sunday and we have time."

"Same, okay I will go get dressed into some clothes." He shouted, running to our room just in his underwear.

I shook my head, continuing to scroll through apps on my phone since I was already dressed in a polka-dotted shirt and black jeans.

"I'm ready!" Jake announced after a few minutes of me looking at Facebook.

I stood up, walking to the front door and sliding on my flats and grabbing my coat. We walked out the door, Jake locked it behind us and we headed towards the car in the driveway.

"I'm driving." I told him, cheekily running to the front seat and buckling my seat belt.

"You're such a goof." Jake shook his head and handed me his keys to start the car. I backed out onto the street and drove straight, towards the mall.

-
"How do you like this one?" I asked Jake who was sitting on a stool in front of my change room.

We wanted to look at swimsuits at Sportchek before heading to Walmart and Sears. I had tried on three already and Jake disapproved. Which I have no idea why he is not liking any.

"Eh...." He tilted his head, looking me up and down.

"Oh my lord Jake, pick one already. You're worse than a girl." I rolled my eyes.

"I liked the first one the best."

I hesitated and looked at him, holding in my anger. "Well you should have said that at first." I sighed and walked back into the change room to change into my normal clothes.

Jake of course already found the perfect bathing suit. "Boys are so lucky they only have to cover the lower part of their bodies."

"Well you don't have to cover anything up." Jake winked at me as we walked towards the cash register.

"Oh my god." I laughed before we headed to pay.

"We finished buying bathing suits and now where are we off to?"

"Well I was going to suggest we go look at Walmart and Sears if we couldn't find anything here but we did so hmmm I'm not sure." I grabbed Jake's hand and he reached to grab the packet from my hand.

"Aw what a gentleman." I giggled and stopped walking just to peck a kiss on his cheek.

"Let's go see what clothes we can get at Aritzia for you." He suggested.

"You always know where I want to go."

"I do, don't I?" He said obnoxiously.

-
"Phew what a day." I sighed loudly, plopping down onto the couch as always.

"How did we end up going to like 20 stores?" Jake groaned, sitting down beside me after placing all the bags down.

"I have no idea, how much money did we even spend?"

"Who the hell knows."

"We're so irresponsible." I chuckled.

"I know right. I like being irresponsible though." Jake smiled, coming closer to my face and kissing me.

I kissed him back, placing my hand on his cheek. We ended up kissing in the kitchen somehow a few minutes later, with me sitting on the counter and Jake leaning over me.

Our lips separated and we took a breather.

"We're so stupid." Jake scoffed.

"We are."