Chapter 52

-Jake's POV-

After hearing the news, Liv and I rushed back to London. Isabella had already left the hospital and came home by the time we got there.

After what Dawn told me I can't think of anything else. When we arrived in London it didn't take long to adjust to the time.

We took a taxi straight to Isabella's house so we could sort this all out. Liv was so confused and so was I, I can't begin to explain anything.

-
We paid the taxi driver, getting out with our suitcases and walked up to Isabella's flat. I rang the doorbell and Isabella answered. She looked so different not being pregnant.

"Hey." She answered the door, looking anxious.

"Where is she?" I asked, walking into the house.

"Shhh, she's sleeping in her cot. In her room." Isabella placed a finger over her mouth. Liv walked into the house, taking a seat on the couch with Isabella.

I walked down the hallway to the nursery, opening the door quietly and gasped softly when I saw a tiny body laying in a cot.

I walked over, looking at her. I gasped again because Dawn was correct. She is a different skin color. She's not mine...

"Um did they switch our baby?" I asked shocked, walking into the living room.

"Jake.....I don't think..." She started.

"It's not my baby......" I asked shocked, tears swelling in my eyes. "Oh my god...." I muttered, backing out the room and leaving.

"Jake!" She called after me.

I can't believe this....

-Liv's POV-

Oh my goodness....

I can't believe the baby isn't Jake's...he was so overjoyed. He was looking forward to being a father. I stood up in shock, Isabella walked over to me.

I watched as my husband left the house in an angered manner. I let him go while I stood in Isabella's flat, shocked.

"I'm so confused...." I whispered, turning my head to look at my saddened best friend.

She sat down on the couch and sighed. "Come sit, I will try explain...." I walked over, sitting next to Isabella on her blue leather couch. I rubbed my forehead with one hand, stressing out.

"When Jake and you were split up I had a little thing with him but also with this other guy..."

"You two-timed?"

"No...Jake didn't care. He had a bunch of hookups because of how miserable he was without you."

I groaned, trying not to think of Jake being that guy. "So who is this other guy you had a thing with?"

"His name is Daniel. I have no idea how but the baby is his. We used protection but..sometimes protection doesn't always work. I was so sure it was Jake's but she's not."

"What are we supposed to do? We bought so much stuff for her and ugh Jake was just so ready for her."

"I know... I had no idea this would happen. I'm just as surprised as all of you."

"I get it Isabella, I will talk to my husband. Everything will be okay." I smiled softly.

She smiled back. "Would you like some coffee?"

"No I have to go but I'm just wondering. What did you decide to name her?"

"Caroline."

-Jake's POV-

Yeah it's super hard, this news. I was really ready to become a father but now the baby isn't even mine? It's actually hilarious if you think of it.

I laughed out loud, taking a few sips of my beer after. 'Ride' echoed through speakers from the kitchen while I drank, listening. Drinking probably isn't the best way to cope with this all but who cares. I do what I want.

The front door unlocked; Liv walking through and placing her suitcase and bags down. I looked at her and then looked away.

"Hi." She spoke, her voice gentle.

I hesitated before speaking. "Hey."

"Are you doing alright?" My wife asked.

"Nope." I responded quickly, taking another sip from the beer bottle.

Liv came into the kitchen, opening the fridge and grabbing a beer bottle herself. She opened it and came to sit next to me on our bar stools.

We drank silently together, listening to our music playlist. 'Pillowtalk' By Zayn Malik sounded through the speakers now. We hummed along together.

Ah the simple things. The little things.