Chapter 53

-Isabella's POV-

Caroline has been beautiful as always. Today marks her first week alive. One week old. She's quite tiny for a newborn but magically beautiful. "How precious." My mother smiled, reaching out her finger for my daughter to grab. "I can't believe my daughter has a daughter."

I smiled widely, looking down at my baby girl in my arms.

"So Jake isn't the father....Who is then?" My nosey mother asked. I sighed, not wanting to talk about the topic anymore. But currently only 5 people knew about this all so far. Well that I know of.

"His name is Daniel." I told her, rocking Caroline back and forth super slowly and supporting her tiny little head. "And he's just a random guy?" She rolled her eyes. "Isabella I thought I raised you better..."

"Mother, he works with me okay? Relax." I tried to keep it calm for Caroline. "No fighting around Caroline please..." She nodded, understanding. "Alright let me hold my granddaughter while you go shower. You look awfully tired."

I handed her over to my mom carefully before walking to my room to go shower in the bathroom. She was right. I look dreadful. Dark circles around my eyes, eyes drooping and god I should put on some makeup...

It's harder then you think; being a mother. Caroline wakes every single night and I am lucky to get 4 hours of sleep. It's tiring but totally worth it. The gift is being with my daughter every single day.

I'm still on maternity leave for a few months which is great, it also means I don't have to tell Daniel. Caroline's father.

Mom was babysitting Caroline while I went out to go eat alone for the first time since giving birth. Not going to lie, it was peaceful.

"What can I grab you?" The waitress asked me the small café around the corner from my flat.

"I'll start with a coffee please."

She started scribbling it down on her notepad and walked away, leaving me to get to reading one of my favorite book series; The Hunger Games. I've only read the first book so far and now I'm on the second, personally I like the second book better.

All of them are good though.

I read, thanking the waitress when she brought me my coffee at the two-seater table I sat at. Unfortunately nobody sat in that seat. Nobody has for a long time. Every time I come here, I sit at this very table. I  stopped reading and thought back to when I was in high school.

I was popular, pretty and even had the most perfect boyfriend. He moved on to date another girl when things got rough between us.

My biggest regret was not admitting to him that I loved him.

Yes high school is a bit young to be in love but I was. His name was Ollie. Ever since graduation I haven't heard anything about him or from him. He never had any social media and was super private about his life. I never met his parents.

Why am I reminiscing about high school?

I sighed, shaking my head and drank my coffee.

A part of me wanted my baby to be Jake's so bad and I was so sure it was his but it's Daniel's. Even though Liv and him are married I had hoped to bond over our child and then one day fall in love......it sounds too good to be true.

That couldn't happen now because he hates me.

-
"Hi baby girl." I gushed, reaching to grab my baby from my mother's arms. "Hey, thank you for babysitting mom."

"Of course, she's my granddaughter and I love her so much. Although this wasn't planned, we got this precious little girl from it. I'm proud of you anyways. Sorry for what I said earlier."

I smiled. She never really apologized.

"Mom I'm so scared. I needed Jake but Caroline isn't his now...."

My mother walked over, placing her hand on my shoulder and gazed into my eyes. "Darling. Tell Daniel. He deserves to know he has a daughter. Show him her." Maybe I should...

"Tomorrow I will bring her over to his house...." I whispered.

What could go wrong?