Chapter 15

Jake proved his love to me last night and so did I, it's only been five months even though it feels like forever. I really love him and want to keep loving him. It feels great and makes me super giddy being in love.

"Morning beautiful." Jakes raspy voice echoed through the halls as he was walking towards me. I turned around in the kitchen and faced him.

"Morning handsome." I winked, turning back around and pouring hot water into our coffee cups.

"I could get used to this, waking up to coffee already made it's just...wow." He joked while I handed him his coffee cup.

We walked to the lounge and turned on the news, sipping our coffees.

"Ugh we have work today. What a bore."

Jake laughed at me before taking another sip.

"What? I hate work so much I just want to spend everyday with you." I said.

He nodded, agreeing with me and we continued to watch tv. After about thirty minutes passed of us watching the news quietly Jake of course had to ruin the quiet.

"Sorry babe I gotta go to work." He told me, getting up from the couch and heading towards his room to shower and get dressed.

"Me too, might as well shower together." I said, following him.

He grinned and turned on the shower.

-
"Did you hear about Dr.Korella the physiologist?" I asked.

"Oh my gosh yes, it's terrible. What a shame."

"Anyways, guess what?!"

"Ooh tell me."

"We did it." I whispered, not to draw attention.

"Oh my god seriously?" My friend Isabella asked, her eyes widened then she continued to write the nurses log.

"Yep, it was great ugh I love him." I said, thinking about last night and this morning.

"You're so cute, bro why can't I have a boyfriend?" She whined.

"You have to get out there! Same with Dawn! You two need to go to the club and hang out with some hot guys, get drunk and party."

"That's certainly not my cup of tea."

We began walking towards our next rounds to check on patients.

"See you after our shift." I waved.

I turned the corner towards room 133 and accidentally crashed into somebody.

"Oh dear." The guy whispered. I looked up to see Jakes brother Jayden. "Jayden! Hi!" I said, laughing.

"Hey I didn't know this was the hospital you worked at!" He smiled. "Sorry I bumped into you! Long time no see."

"No problem, why are you here?" I asked, smiling.

"I actually just came to sign papers, I'm the new Physiologist."

My eyes widened. "Really?"

"Yeah, lovely to see you again but I should go change into my scrubs, I'm on shift." He winked at me, continuing to walk down the hallway behind me.

My eyes widened,  I finished walking to room 133. "Morning Abby! I'm here to take some blood of this little guy." I spoke softly as I walked into the room. I reached for the newborn and began taking some blood as he started crying. "Thanks little guy!" I laughed.

"Come up with a name yet?" I asked the new mother, she was clearly way too tired to talk but I thought I would make her day a bit more bearable.

"Manny." She told me. I nodded and smiled, walking out the door and towards the blood lab.

-
"Holy moly Liv you would never guess what happened today!" Isabella said loudly as I walked into the change room, beginning to change. She sat across from me, already dressed and ready.

"Spill."

"I met a guy, he is so hot and ugh so charming."

"That's great! What's his name?"

"Jayden Housley." She turned around to face me with a smile on her face.

I bursted out in laugher. "He's Jake's brother."

"Hahah actually?" She laughed.

"Hey, you never know." She started as we began exiting the change room. "We could be sister-in laws."