Chapter 13

Few weeks later-

Today was a special day, marking Jake and I's 5 month relationship. That may not be a lot but it means something to us. Our relationship is built on trust, honesty, and loyalty. Which means that Jake will never cheat on me and neither will I cheat on him.

That may sound random but honestly, we want our relationship to mean something to both of us and set an example for other couples. If this relationship goes further and we are married I want us to be married forever, and never get divorced.

In celebration of this event, Jake invited me to come meet his family at the family supper tonight, which was seriously nerve-racking. I had never met his brothers before or his parents and he talks so much about them, I want to get to know them but its so scary, knowing that we're taking it that much further.

"You look beautiful! Don't change again." Jake laughed as I put on the third dress that I found in my closet. He slept over last night, not like that don't worry. He slept on the couch even though I insisted that he could sleep in Dawn's bed. She had gone to visit her family for a few weeks, not the best timing but she hadn't seen them in over a year.

Speaking of family, Poppy had left me so many messages saying sorry but I had not responded. One reason because she has been reckless and we still hadn't gotten over that night at breakfast. Another reason because I had been super busy with work and I had also been a tiny bit lazy.

Oops.

"Okay this is it." I told Jake as I fitted on my white dress and black flats.

"You look lovely, now are you ready?" He whined, I giggled and nodded, grabbing my purse and keys and following him out the front door of my house.

My hair was wavy and I wore eyeliner, pink lipstick, mascara, powder and foundation. Jake looked handsome as always. He wore his hair, styled neatly back as usual, jeans, a dress shirt and dress shoes.

According to Jake, his family was very mature and posh unlike him. Which made me even more nervous.

As we drove to his parents house, My feet tapped nervously on the floor of the passenger seat. I held the bottle of red wine in my hands while a Madonna song played through the stereo. "Your brothers names are...?" I asked, my mind blanking.

"Jayden and Patrick." He told me, grinning slightly.

"And your parents names are?" This one I actually never knew.

"Kate and Bennett."

"Okay, perfect." I answered.

"Liv, look at me." He told me as we were stopped at a red light. "Breathe in." I did as he said. "And out." He told me as I exhaled.

"No need to be nervous okay, be yourself and if my mom and dad scare you just talk to my brothers. They are around our age and are very cool."

I nodded, smiling. He continued driving as I hummed to the song.

"Who's the youngest brother?" I asked.

"I am the oldest, Jayden is the middle child and Patrick is the youngest."

"Haha you're the old man of the siblings."

"What?" He laughed along.

"My dad always teased Poppy for being the oldest and called her the old man of the family even though he was." I laughed. "We all ended up calling her Old Man."

"That's hilarious." He scoffed.

I nodded, giggling.

-
We pulled up into the driveway to a huge house and my mouth dropped in awe. "This is like a mansion holy crap." I whispered as Jake parked.

"Haha it's not quite as small as our apartments." He said humbly.

He got out the car, walking around to my side and opening my door, helping me out. "Thank you." I said, holding my purse on my shoulder and the wine bottle in my hands.

He locked the car, putting his keys in his pocket and guiding me to the front door, he pressed the doorbell and the sweet chime played.

Immediately I heard voices, I breathed in and out trying to calm my nerves. I looked around the area, the sun was beginning to set. The house was on top of a hill and looked down on a large green area most likely their land.

It was stunning, the view.

The door opened suddenly, taking me out of my trance. "Jakey!" Im assuming his mother said loudly, reaching to hug him, she was beautiful, her dark hair shining along with her pearly white teeth and jewelry. She wore a tight black dress, most likely expensive. Her figure was slim, more than me.

"And this is Olivia I presume." She smiled, looking over at me, I smiled back. "Hi! Lovely to meet you."

"And to you." She smiled, letting us in. "Leave your shoes on, no worries." She told us. Jake grasped my hand, calming me down and I handed him the wine bottle. She lead us to the kitchen were I saw three males and one female.

"Guys, this is Olivia, Jake's girlfriend." His mother told the rest of the family. I looked around.

The most elderly man was his father Bennett obviously, the men to the right of him were his brothers and that woman I don't recall knowing her.

"Jake, lovely to see you again, she is very beautiful." His father smiled, shaking my hand as we walked towards him. "Thank you father." Jake smiled, giving him a hug.

We then walked to one of the brothers, his teeth were super white and he wore glasses. I smiled and shook his hand. "Hello I'm Olivia." I spoke. "Jayden, Yes Jake she is beautiful." I blushed and moved to the next brother who stood next to the woman. Jake placed the wine bottle down on the kitchen counter.

"Awesome to meet you Olivia." I nodded and shook his hand. "I am Patrick and this is Gloria my girlfriend." He said. He was definitely around 16 years old but Jayden was at least a year younger than Jake.

"Alrighty, why don't we start with appetizers!" Mrs.Housley said.

We all smiled, walking towards the supper table. That could have gone way less awkwardly.