Chapter 57

(A.N: hey guys!!! Bit of a shorter chapter! enjoy loves)

Jayden and my ex-fiancée together?

I literally never thought this would happen, definitely did not suspect this. I'm not mad I guess...it's just weird. She's my ex...

"Say something." My brother coughed as we walked to our cars together.

"I'm fine with it to be honest. I just was not suspecting it. But do you like her?" I asked, looking back at my brother with a serious face.

"I think I do, she is wonderful."

"She cheated on me with our cousin, and you still like her?"

"Yeah. She has changed since living with Dawn and she is much more grown up Jake." He explained.

I smiled, patting my brother on the shoulder. "If you're happy then I'm happy."

"Really?" He asked with a surprised look.

"Always bro. Always."

"Thank you Jake. I really appreciate it. This means a lot to me."

I nodded, walking towards my car and climbing in before waving my bro off in his white Mazda 3.

I'm so glad we reconnected and that he told me why he had gone awol. I seriously thought he was dead a few weeks ago.

I started driving back home to see my beautiful wife. Still love the sound of that. Every single time the word comes out my mouth I smile.

My wife.
-
I walked into the front doors of my house, placing my keys on the handle and my stuff on the bench by the front door.

Slipping off my work shoes, I shut the door behind me and walked inside the house to see Liv in the kitchen cooking dinner.

"Hiya wifey." I joked, walking towards her and placing my hands on her hips. I kissed her cheek softly then walked away before rubbing the small of her back.

"Hello handsome." She giggled. "How was your day at work? Stressful?"

"No actually, today was good actually. And yours?" I walked towards the fridge and grabbed a soda while Liv cut chicken up in cubes.

"That's great! Mine was okay! I saw Jayden and we talked the whole lunch about him and Savannah. I still can't believe they are dating..."

"Yeah?"

"Mhm."

"I have a question." I blurted randomly.

"Yes love?"

"When are we going to start trying?"

My wife looked up shocked and asked "Trying what?"

"To have a baby."

-Oliver's POV-

I walked in the front door to Poppy and I's apartment, she clearly wasn't home yet because her keys weren't on the key hook.

"Maybe I will surprise her with a fancy dinner?" I asked myself then nodded, starting to get settled and begin the cooking.

I grabbed the pots from under the stove, filling it with cold water and turning on the stove plate on high heat.

Reaching into the new fridge I grabbed cucumber, red bell peppers and tomatoes. I also decided to grab a beer can and crack it open, sipping it between chopping up the veggies.

I placed the chopped veggies into a frying pan and placed fettuccine pasta into the now boiling water in the pot on the gas stove.

Poppy usually comes home from work at 7pm and it's 7:30pm so clearly she is running a bit late to get home. Suddenly once I placed the boiled veggies and newly made fettuccine Alfredo pasta on the table plates I heard the apartment front door open.

A smile creeped upon my face. Finally she's home. I looked up for my girlfriend to walk around the corner.

Poppy came around the corner, leaning against the pillar doorway from the dining room to the kitchen. Tears streamed down her face.

Shocked, I looked into her tear-filled eyes with a hurtful feeling growing in my stomach. I hated seeing her cry and be upset.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She shook her head lightly and I quickly walked over to wrap my arms around her. I rubbed her back, comforting her.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked, holding her shoulders and backing up to look into her eyes after I wiped some of her tears.

Poppy continued crying until I finally got her to speak.

"I...I..." She started.

"Yes?"

"I'm pregnant."