Chapter 74

-Olivia's POV, Saturday April 1 2016-

For now, Jake and I decided together that we would start putting the house for sale with our realtor, Jason Winter. We will start looking for big houses around the suburban area, ideally with all the necessary needs and wants that we have decided on.

My phone beeped, alerting me that I had just gotten a text message. I looked at my iPhone screen and swiped, entering my password and viewing my text.

*Text Message from Hubby💕❤️*

"Hey Baby, could you quickly send me those notes we made on your phone of our house wants and needs so I can send it to the realtor?"

I read the text message and instantly replied back.

"Hey hun, yep sending it right now to you."

I opened my notes, clicked share and send the list to my husband. Ideally we want a few things in our dream house consisting of:

• 5 Bedrooms
•Large kitchen and modern appliances
•Dining room/living room
•Laundry room and storage space
•Three-Car garage
•Big back yard, lots of grass area
•4 bathrooms
•Master bedroom walk-in closet
•Ensuite in master bedroom
•Room with storage area
•Open and lots of windows
•Deck

-

I'm really excited to see new houses and decide which house Jake and I would like our family to have. Already, after telling our realtor what type of house we need and are looking for, we have a house to view today.

"Excited?" My husband's voice rang in my ears. I looked to my right where my husband sat in the driver's seat in his car.

I smiled widely and nodded. "Yeah, I'm quite excited. And you?"

"Of course, I love looking at houses. Look at all these!" He pointed to the right out my window. I switched my view and glanced outside of line by line of suburban homes.

"These look lovely but it's super far from the city..." I pulled a face, not liking that fact. I saw Jake nod in the corner of my left eye.

We pulled up to a big home, parking in the driveway. The two of us got out and smiled at how beautiful the house looked in person. The front yard was nicely laid out and a perfect entrance lead us to the front door.

"Hello Housley's!" Our realtor waved from the dark wooden front door. We walked from the driveway onto the road and to the pathway steps which we climbed and reached the front door.

"Hey Jason, this house looks great so far."

"Yes! Why don't you come in and take a look before reaching a decision." We followed him into the house, walking through the door and removing our shoes.

The pretty lights shone above our head's and revealed to the left, a very open living room with two beige couches. To the right was a cupboard for jackets and a office room next to that. We then followed Jason into the big kitchen with many modern appliances and marble counters. The dining room was to the right of the kitchen and a sliding door lead to the too small-for-liking backyard.

After the whole house tour, the three of us met in the kitchen and talked about the pro's and con's.

"So what did you guys not like?" Jason Winter asked us, we locked eyes and Jake spoke before me.

"The backyard was a little small for our liking and the bedrooms were a bit small. There was only four bedrooms upstairs and one downstairs but that's a good office area. Also the bathroom in the master bedroom was super small and no walk-in closet."

Our realtor nodded. "So that's a no to this house I'm assuming." He laughed, gathering his papers. "Yeah, it's quite far from the city too but that's cause we are in the suburbs." I added.

"Okay, how about we go see another one tomorrow?" Mr. Winter suggested.

"Sounds good, thanks Jason." Jake shook his hand and lead us out of the show house.

-
"Do you think we'll even find a house fitting all of our needs?" I asked Jake as we sat on the couch together, both reading books.

He looked over to me and smiled. "Babe, I think we will find the perfect house for our family. You're almost 7 weeks pregnant now." He reminded me.

"I know, and Poppy is almost 10."

Jake nodded, getting up from the couch and re-adjusting his sweatpants. "Have you spoken to Poppy yet? Or Dawn? Or your father?" Jake asked, wandering into the kitchen.

I got up and followed him so I didn't have to yell. Jake was making us both tea with cookies.

"No, but Dawn and I are going shopping for shoes one day this upcoming week." I told him.

"Ah, I see. Well before it's too late, you should be talking with your family. Poppy is most likely very lonely and in need of her sister's support and so are you!"

"Oh hey I was wondering, should we invite your parents for dinner tomorrow night and let them know about our moving plans and about my pregnancy. Like an update." I changed the subject.

Jake turned around, walking to hand me a teacup filled with red rose tea. "Thank you." I smiled.

We walked to the lounge to continue reading our current books. "Yeah, inviting my parents sounds good."

Jake was right before. I should be talking with my father and sister.

"I'm going to quickly go call Poppy."