Chapter 22

"You're telling me, that during your agonizingly long train ride to meet the directors, your ex-fiancé made an appearance??" I asked Jake surprised.

"Yeah and it was so not fun." He sighed, sitting down on one of his bar stools in the kitchen.

"Ugh I'm sorry you had to go through that, hopefully you will never have to see her again." I came up behind him, running my fingers through his hair. He seemed tense, stressed. I hated seeing him like this.

That girl must have really screwed with his head, he seemed like a different person.

"Okay." I started, getting an idea. "Let's bake some cookies and then watch a movie, how does that sound?"

He smiled, his frown turning upside down literally. "You always know how to get my mind off of something, I love you."

"I love you too." I winked, jogging to the fridge and finding ingredients to begin making cookies.

The front door opened, Jayden walked in and waved hello before closing the door. He removed his shoes and walked up the stairs towards his bedroom. I turned my head back to Jake and he smiled. "Shall we start?" He asked, grabbing the recipe from the cupboard.

-
We sat together on the couch, waiting for the cookies to bake. We decided that we would watch a movie called 'Here comes the boom' it's super funny so far.

"I guess the cookies are finished." I jumped up, happily as the timer beeped.

"YESSSS." Jake said loudly, making me laugh as we ran to the kitchen. I handed Jake the oven mitt and he grabbed the tray out the oven. I turned on the fan and turned off bake.

"Yum." I smiled, grabbing a cookie and blowing it, feeding it to Jake. The chocolate dripped and we began laughing. "Ouch that's hot." He laughed, I grabbed a tissue and helped him.

"What a cute happy couple." A female voice sounded at the front door, we darted our heads, scared.

"What the hell Savannah, why are you in my house?" Jake said sharply.

She was pretty, her blonde hair was styled neatly and she paired her clothes together perfectly. No wonder Jake loved her.....

"Just came for a bit of a visit." She grinned, slamming the door shut.

"I didn't invite you in." He told her.

"I think we're on good enough terms to have a coffee or tea??" Jake shook his head, not believing how retarded she was acting.

Footsteps came from the stairs, Jayden coming down the hall, a smile on his face.

"Oooh cookies and company? My favourite." He grinned cheekily, winking at Savannah as he passed her coming towards the kitchen.

"Why is Savannah, the chick who you almost married standing at the front door Jake?" Jayden asked, taking a cookie and eating it.

"Well I'm here to actually talk about the problems I have caused, sorry for such a dramatic entrance by the way." She stated, sitting down on a bar stool.

"We're not looking to reminisce about the good old days, or shall I say....bad old days." Jake sighed.

"Oh sorry, forgot to introduce myself." Savannah smiled, looking at me. "I'm Savannah."

Jayden scoffed, a smile creeped on his face as he looked at Savannah. He seemed totally wooed by her words.

"I know." I replied.

"Oooh has Jakey talked about me, looks as if he hasn't gotten over me I see."

"Actually he has." Jake rolled his eyes.

"Could you leave please?" I asked, seeing how miserable Jake got.

"No, I came here to say sorry and I'm not leaving until I do."

"Go ahead." Jayden smiled at her. She smiled back and then looked at Jake.

"Jake, my love. I'm sorry. I know I cheated and broke your heart, so did Jim. But what was I to do? You weren't involved in any of the wedding choices, you were working every single minute every single day. We grew apart. And I'm sorry."

Jake hesitated for like 2 minutes before speaking. "I don't forgive you, but accept your apology. Now you may leave."

She nodded, getting up and walking towards the front door. "See you soon." She winked, walking out the door and shutting it behind her.

Hopefully we wouldn't be seeing her anytime soon, if we did then well.... I wonder what she will want then.