Chapter 56

-Jake's POV-

"He emailed you?" My wife asked me this beautiful morning while she poured us both coffee.

Jayden has been M.I.A for months since the wedding, he goes to work and see's Olivia but they don't talk.

I barely talk to him either and now he's finally reached out to me.

"I know right, I was surprised too."

Liv handed me my coffee mug and closed the cap on hers. "Well this is a good thing. I know how much you've missed him!"

"I have haven't I?" I laughed.

"Yes of course you have. So do you know if he's seeing anybody?"

"I'm not sure but you said that he grew out his beard? That's so not like him. Maybe he is dating."

"Somebody who likes facial hair obviously." We laughed together.

"Well I should head off to work. Love you." I told my wife, walking over to her from the table and kissing her forehead.

"Love you too."

-
Jayden emailed me yesterday reaching out to me and asked if him and I could go out for beers one day this week.

I've missed my brother just like Liv said, she's almost always right. Quickly as I walked into the change room at work, I emailed my brother back.

"Hey Jayden! Long time no see, literally. Yeah sure how about tonight at 8?"

After all, it is a Friday night. I deserve a beer after this long week.

"Yo yo yo." Jackson came into the change room, pounding my fist with his and beginning to change just like me.

"Hey, what's up with you?" I asked, removing my t-shirt.

"Nothing much bro, just got a coffee from Starbucks this morning and that's about all. Also I've got a hot date tonight." He winked at the end.

"Oh really? With who?"

"Dawn."

My eyes widened and I turned my head to look at my best friend. "Dawn who?"

"The only Dawn I think you know. Dawn Herman." He chuckled.

Oh my god, I knew it. "Bro seriously?"

"Are you upset or something?" He finished dressing and looked back at me.

"No, actually Liv and I guessed it. I'm happy for you. I hope it goes well, Dawn is a great girl." I smiled, finishing dressing in my scrubs.

"Awesome."

-Liv's POV-

"So how are you?" I asked my friend sitting across from me at a table in Starbucks.

"I'm great!" Oliver replied, starting to chomp down on his Chicken Santa Fe panini.

I giggled at his face when he took a bite of his delicious panini. "You look so funny when you eat."

"Hey!" He rolled his eyes at me.

"So Poppy told me that you two are planning a vacation soon? It's getting serious huh?"

"Yeah it is." He blushed a bit. "I love her and truly feel like we will have a great future together."

"Aw." I smiled. I ship my sister and Oliver so much. "Well all I ask is don't break my sister's heart."

"I love her too much to do that. Plus the sex is amazing."

"Wow, okay. I did not need to know that." I cringed, looking around if anybody heard what he just said.

"Whoops. I thought this is the 'be honest' club."

"That's just too much information." I laughed, continuing to drink my coffee.

"You know me." He winked. "Always looking for a little laugh on your face sis."

"Sis?" I asked shocked.

"Well one day I hope to marry Poppy. Hopefully you get to be my sister-in-law."

"I would love that honestly." I smiled widely at my sister's boyfriend's words.

-Jake's POV, 8pm-

I waited at the bar Jayden and I scheduled to meet at. Ordering a Coke and rum, I sat on the bar stools and chilled out before my brother could come and ultimately stir things up, his specialty.

"Hello, brother." I heard Jayden's voice behind me, breathing in sharply I turned around to face him.

Immediately once I turned around, I saw his beard pop out. "Holy crap..." I muttered.

"Oh, yeah. Thought I would let it grow for a bit."

"I can tell." I laughed, handing him the drink I ordered.

"Nice to know that you know my favorite drink." He laughed, grabbing the glass and taking a huge gulp.

"So how is my favorite sister-in-law?"

"Pfft, your only sister-in-law is doing great."

"Rad, now tell me this." He hesitated and then continued. "This baby is not yours?" He referred to Caroline.

"No." I closed my eyes and breathed out, trying to ignore the fact that he brought up the only thing I didn't want to think about.

"She did it with another guy?"

"Yes Jayden now please stop talking about it." I snapped back at him.

"Jeez.....sorry. I didn't know the topic was that sensitive...."

I nodded, taking a few sips of my drink and looking around the bar.

"So listen...I have been a bit...out of your life lately and I want to change that. But the only reason is that I didn't know exactly how you would react to what I'm about to say." My brother talked after a while of relaxing. "Which is....?" He caught my attention.

"I'm dating Savannah."